It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Skip or paused beats but without fast pulse.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
    mr_panicky
    Veteran
    (male)

mr_panicky HB User
    Skip or paused beats but without fast pulse.

I am getting these paused or skipped beats, maybe double beats. It scares the hell out of me. My heart rate is 82 and I don't feel pain. My chest feels kinda hollow sorta. It feels like it's going to stop/putter out. It just feels unstable but the rest of my body feels fine. It's sorta hard to take a full breath but it feels more like anxiousness. I get kinda sweaty but that's my reaction to being kinda scared. Maybe it's gas pressure. I doubt it.

I have had stress tests and an echocardiagram with EKG's.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #2
    S.T.A.R.
    (male)

S.T.A.R. HB User
    Talking Re: Skip or paused beats but without fast pulse.

mr_panicky,
    I can understand why it would scare you. I see you said, "I have had stress tests and an echocardiagram with EKG's". I take it nothing abnormal showed-up from the tests? What does your doctor think?

____
    P.S. - I'm in Evansville also! I live near Oak Hill Cemetery.

Last edited by S.T.A.R.; 06-22-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:41 PM   #3
    SteveGn
    (male)

SteveGn HB User
    Re: Skip or paused beats but without fast pulse.

A lot of people are showing good results taking magnesium on a daily basis for irregular heart beats, rapid heart rate, and other heart problems. Around 300 - 500 mg. a day seems to be the typical dosage. It is also helping to lessen the severity of their panic attacks. When I started taking magnesium, I noticed a difference in the severity of the attacks. My anxiety level lowered by simply knowing that the magnesium was making the attacks less severe, which in turn, helped to keep them away to begin with. Many test for magnesium show that a person has enough magnesium in their system, but the actual amount that is getting utilized is insufficient, thus the need for additional amounts. Its well worth trying. You can buy them with calcium and zinc which help the body to assimilate the magnesium. These supplements are also good for the nervous system. Magnesium has also shown to be good for acid reflux, IBS and many other problems. The book "The Miracle Of Magnesium" talks extensively about the benefits.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 AM   #4
    aussichick
    Inactive
    (female)

aussichick HB User

I have the same skiped heart beat thing. When I use to smoke I was having about 3000 a day (I had a heart monitor on for 3 days) since I have given up the smokes I still get them but not as many, do you smoke?.

I know just what you mean with the hollow feeling, thats how I decribe it too, weird feeling. The Dr's cant give me med because I have low blood presure, well at least I did 3 years ago, the meds they give you for this lowers your blood presure.

Scares the hell out of me still and am just waiting for my heart to stop, I have had these on and off for many years and Im still here so thats a good sign

Try not to worry I have been told while they are awful they are not dangerous, keep smiling and let us know how you go.

Take care

carolyn

Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

same here wore a monitor finaly recorded several and was told they are PVC's (premature ventricular contractions) and not of any concern.Loads of people have them.

Closed Thread