It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Does anyone else feel this way ever?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
    rebby24
    Inactive
    (female)

rebby24 HB User
    Does anyone else feel this way ever?

I have had anxiety for about 3 yrs now and I am 8 months pregnant and have not felt it in 8 months thank God! But when I get anxiety I dont get panic attacks I get the feeling like I'm not here, everything looks fake! Then I start dwelling on it then the next feeling is a sense of doom them I have to talk myself out of that feeling then I start thinking I am going crazy like schitzophrenic or something? Does anyone else ever get these feelings pls let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
    hyper79
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hyper79 HB User
    Re: Does anyone else feel this way ever?

i can relate to that feeling of doom, the most hated feeling ive ever had. i get them to, its a hard to explain feeling "overwhelming" at times it last all day from sun up till sun down.its depressing i know, it zaps your energy,loose your appetite,makes you feel sick.... the only thing that helps me is forcing myself to get involved in doing something, maybe a long walk or cut grass ect..during those times im kinda to myself, i feel worse when company pops up, seems to make me twice as worse? no sure if that makes sense? the dwelling is called adding the second fear, the what ifs, whys ect.. try to accept it, dont fight it meaning the questioning such as oh no not again! am i ever going to get better,will i go crazy....just move on accept it and it will pass.the more you practice the better you get and the less severe it becomes but it takes time.

Last edited by hyper79; 06-26-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:16 PM   #3
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

first off having schizophrenia does not make you insane. A lot of people feel they are disconnected from the world. On my worse days everything is about me and not in a good way. The people up ahead are talking about me, the neighbors are spying, etc. Most days I live in my own world and it takes alot of meds to get there

trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Last edited by trg247; 06-26-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:13 AM   #4
    V_dubgurl
    Veteran
    (female)

V_dubgurl HB User

The disociative state is the worst for me. I can't stand feeling like a puppet in a tv show. I haven't felt that way in about 5 months thank god. When I do feel that way though, I push through and keep doing my daily duties, what ever they may be. Your right being around people make it 10 times worse. I don't know why, maybe because you know how normal they feel and we aren't feeling. I wish there was a button where you can turn that feeling off.

BTW, How has your pregnancy been? Im hoping to start trying in about a year but the anxiety and panic attacks have scared me about pregnancy.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #5
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

yep its dissociation which is part of anxiety/panic.You dont have to have a actual panic or anxiety attack to have symptoms.You can have one symptom or loads at a time.I lived with the dissociation for a whole year before I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder.So dont worry it does not mean your schitzoprhenic sure it is a symptom of it but if you have dissociation it doesnt mean you are.I am glad your having a panic free pregnancy thats great!The same went for me when I was pregnant every pregnancy I was free of anxiety felt normal again other then the typical pregnancy woes lol.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #6
    rebby24
    Inactive
    (female)

rebby24 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by V_dubgurl
    The disociative state is the worst for me. I can't stand feeling like a puppet in a tv show. I haven't felt that way in about 5 months thank god. When I do feel that way though, I push through and keep doing my daily duties, what ever they may be. Your right being around people make it 10 times worse. I don't know why, maybe because you know how normal they feel and we aren't feeling. I wish there was a button where you can turn that feeling off.

BTW, How has your pregnancy been? Im hoping to start trying in about a year but the anxiety and panic attacks have scared me about pregnancy.
    My pregnancy has been great thanks! Dont be scared to get pregnant it actually has made me calmer believe it or not! Maybe because when I feel upset or just not good I tell myself its part of being pregnant and that is enough to justify it, and of course if I can justify it then I am okay! So Start trying in a year it is a wonderful expereince!!!!

Closed Thread