It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Does this sound like Anxiety/Panic?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
    freedomforce

freedomforce HB User
    Post Does this sound like Anxiety/Panic?

I've been diagnosed with anxiety/depression before. I went to the doc about feeling zoned out like I had around 3 or 4 beers yet I was totally sober. I took Paxil for around 3 months and it didn't seem to do much so i figured I could do without the constant tiredness it made me feel.
    I basically walked through life feeling zoned for around 2 years but it didn't really affect my life outwardly because as far as anyone could tell I was pretty much normal. All through this period of 2 years I was under massive stress.
    I woke up one morning feeling normal and I'm like wow it's over. The next day I felt strange ...some pain behind the eyes and feeling like I had a fever when I didn't. The kind of way you feel like if you have the flu and everything seems strange and off kilter. At the worst points even my hands would burn. I went to a clinic and they ran basic blood tests and all was fine. I had Gerd and the rest of the stuff he didn't know.
    I'm 2 weeks removed from the clinic and I'm feeling strange again. I know anxiety can cause lot's of physical symptoms but anyone heard of feeling feverish/delirious? I have a fear I have some type of mental problems. A huge fear of going crazy/losing control some days I cry because I'm sad. Does this sound like Anxiety/depression? I'm seeing a doc tommrow and a counsler in about 3 days. Any input would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like Anxiety/Panic?

A lot of anxiety symptoms are very similar to those that are stress related or so I believe. I think the big difference is time where stress comes and go's anxiety sticks around for a while. As for the fear of having a mental illness thats very common but it is not as bad as you think. It is just something that requires attention and needs to be put back together so a person can be well again.

trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Closed Thread