It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Natural anxiety remedy???xanax???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User
    Natural anxiety remedy???xanax???

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good natural remedy for anxiety and panic attacks? I tried paxil 4 yrs ago and lexapro for about 8 days most recently and couldn't handle either one. I don't want to take a pill everyday and I don't want to abuse my xanax and become addicted. How long does it take to become addicted when only taken in small doses. I take .25 mg as needed, which is sometimes only once a day and sometimes 4 times a day and some days none at all (which has been rare lately). Any advice would be great!! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User
    Re: Natural anxiety remedy???xanax???

Hey Amb, Jules here did you stop taking the Lexapro? You might want to go to the Alternative board for your question. I have read Valarien Root and Fish oil can help but you better ask the experts. I do take fish oil which is great for alot of things. Check it out. Take care my friend and how are you doing today? Jules

Old 07-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
    bitt
    (female)

bitt HB User

i have used kava root for anxiety and panic attacks. i have also seen a psychopharmacologist for help. he created a plan for me with natural herbs and oils. although even with herbs, i still had to take them daily or as needed.

good luck.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User

Hey jules! Yes, I did quit taking the Lexapro...today is day 3 without it. I couldn't take it any longer. Made me sooo down in the dumps and un-motivated. I am still having panic attacks of course, but at least I am getting out of bed and functioning, on the Lexapro I wasn't doing hardly anything....didn't want to. I'm trying not to take the xanax very much, sooo scared of addiction, that's why I'm looking for another alternative maybe? Thanks for checking in on me! How are you doing?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
    jjules
    (female)

jjules HB User

Hi Amb, Doing just fine staying in the ac cause its around 110 (heat index). How is your day going? If you try something alternative let us know if works for ya. Have a great day. Jules

Old 07-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
    amberil
    (female)

amberil HB User

Hi Jules! I hear ya about the heat...I'm in IL and it's the same here...miserable!!! Can't even hardly step outside.

I went to the grocery store yesterday with hubby and was miserable, but made it thru without xanax and didn't take any at all yesterday! I felt anxious off and on throughout the day and nite but talked myself out of a full blown panic attack. I seem to feel crappy in the mornings worse? I wake up with my teeth and jaw sore, my neck stiff and sore and just blah feeling. Surely that lexapro is out of my system by now? Then by the middle of the day my mood is better. I just need to find a good way to get rid of these panic attacks cuz it's wearing me out!! Glad you're doing well.

I don't know if I'm going to go the natural route or not unless my doc suggests it. I did some searching on the net and haven't found much positive info about any of it. So we'll see.

I wonder how Donna Sue is doing? Haven't seen any of her posts for a few days. Hope she's doing well.

Closed Thread