It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• does anyone else think they have symptoms OF POTS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #1
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User
    does anyone else think they have symptoms OF POTS

ok hi hope everyone is doing ok this is my concern i have almost every single symptom of POTS and at this point even the doctors think i may have it i am scheduled for a tilt table test in sept,,, i just had a series of blood work today for my gland functions hormonal...ill know the results in about a week the bottom line is i either have POTS or a glandular issue...now i have a stupid but serious question... in april someone came up behind me and picked me up and my back made a loud crack latter that night i was in severe pain and was for about a week the pain subsided after that but still hurt alittle i know alot of people who had there backs cracked and have had pain after but i am wondering if i messed up my spine....especially if i may have pots....does anyone else have symptoms of POTS ? and does anyone else have symptoms of pots after hurting their back? THANKS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #2
    sad,mum
    Inactive
    (female)

sad,mum HB User
    Re: does anyone else think they have symptoms OF POTS

hi,have been following your threads and sincerely hope all is ok,i am one of the anxiety suffers but have never heard of pots,obviously an abbreviation but what does it stand for,sadmum

Old 08-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

its stands for postural Orthostatic tachardia syndrome

Old 08-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User
    Smile Re: does anyone else think they have symptoms OF POTS

Hi Nikigrl,
    I am glad to see you finally were able to get your blood test. My fingers are crossed for you that everything is okay! I also have read about POTS and I also have alot of the same symptoms. So in response to your question
    does anyone else have symptoms of POTS ? My answer would have to be Yes. I have never really looked into this much for myeslf, but I can tell you my
    Dr. did mention a change in my blood pressure and heartrate from laying position to standing, but could be anxiety related. I am sorry I can't help you much more on this, Hopefully soon you will find all the answers through proper testing! Hang in there, Fingers crossed.. Boxerlover:angel :

Old 08-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #5
    gxpark1234
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gxpark1234 HB User

yes i was convinced i had it.. let me ask u, did u first find this disorder yourself or did a doc mention it?? it was all in my head

Once again, please ALWAYS use WORDS in your posts.
    This is not a chat room and you are not sending a text message.
    "U" is not a word, if you mean YOU then PLEASE type it that way.
    I've been contacted by countless members telling me that they simply don't understand the "language" in some posts.
    Be courtious to ALL members and take the extra second and type the proper word.

Ms_Mod

Last edited by msmod; 08-05-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #6
    msmod

msmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB Usermsmod HB User

Please always use WORDS in your posts, not text message, chat room "language"

Ms_Mod

Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 AM   #7
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

i looked it up online but when i went to the neurologist he mentioned it at first he said maybe you have anxiety becasue your here and i was like no becasue this happens all the time at myhouse too then he was like maybe you have pots and thats why i am having the tilt table test i wouldnt think it was pots if i didnt have literally like every symptom but i do when i lay down for my blood pressure drops alot most of the time my heart doesnt race laying down its usually in the normal range sometimes even a little slow but when i stand up HELLO it zips right up SCARY but i am really mad becasue i think i hurt my back and they havent done a spinal mri only a brain one so if there was somthing wrong with my back they might be able to at least try to fix it but if i dont get that x ray they never will...so when i have the tilt test if its positive im demanding a spinal mri it also could be a hormonal issue thats why i had the bloodwork from the endo but i wont know the results for a week

Old 08-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

Hi Niki. I am back to having these symptoms again. I had to cut down to one quarter of my beta blocker because when I was taking half my heart rate was going too low and I felt like I was going to pass out. Now, when I lay down my heart rate is around 50. As soon as I stand up it goes up to between 80 and 100. I already had a TTT and everything came back normal, so I don't know what to think. I posted on the heart disorder board because I am really scared about what is going on with my heart. My cardiologist makes me feel like such an idiot sometimes, I really don't want to call him again about this stuff. UGH!! I hate this. I have done nothing but lay around on the couch all weekend long because I am so scared about whatever is going on with me.

I hope you're having a better weekend than I am!

Old 08-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

leela i know how you feel i seriously think im going to die from this....lately my blood pressure has been really low and so has my heart rate especially while sitting or laying down i know you had ttt testing did you have hormnal testing? i m praying to god they find something from that blood work ... i am constantly lightheaded and dizzy all the time at least you dont have that...i think thats the worst symptom i have its not sometimes its all the time .... lets pray for eachother ok? i have been homebound for 3 months now my 23 birthday is tuesday and gues what im doing thats right nothing but praying that god will give me an answer

Old 08-07-2006, 06:52 AM   #10
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

I have the lightheadedness too...that is what started all of this nonsense. I have had so many blood tests so I would think my hormones have been tested. Maybe I need to get my PCP to give me a referral to an endo. I was seeing one two years ago and of course she could never find anything wrong, but then again I wasn't having all of these problems then.

I had to go back to 1/2 of my beta blocker this morning. I used to take them at night, but lately I have been so afraid that my heart is just going to stop during the night that I started taking them in the morning. When I got up this morning my heart rate shot up to 120 just getting out of bed. So I took 1/4 of the beta blocker. That didn't do anything. I took another 1/4 about a half hour later and right now my heart rate is about 70. I just got to work and I have to walk a ways just to get to my office, so I'm sure it will drop as I am sitting here at my desk. I don't want to call my cardiologist because I'm sure he will just tell me that there is nothing wrong like he always does.

I'm so sick over all of this! I have been feeling so much better lately and now I have to deal with this again. I had a three day weekend and I wasted it laying around on the couch because of how horrible I feel. I am at the end of my rope with this nonsense!!!

I hope we can both get some answers soon!!!

Old 08-07-2006, 07:01 AM   #11
    CircusSquirrel
    Veteran
    (female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I frequently have to adjust the dosage of my beta blocker. Some days on a small dose my heart rate will be 70 resting, other days it will be 48. My cardiologist says it is ok. I'm very sensitive to the beta-blockers. While I need it to control my heart rate (because like you guys, just standing up will make my heart rate go from 65 to 125 when I'm not on the beta-blocker) it sometimes drops my heart rate and blood pressure low and that makes me dizzy and tired. I have spoken with non-anxious people on beta-blockers and they have this same thing. They just cut back on their beta-blocker or take a little more as needed. If it's any consolation, I've had these symptoms since I was about 18 or 19 and I'm 31 now. I'm anxious, but I've otherwise had a relatively normal life: I've gone to college, gotten married, had two children, worked, done volunteer things, and traveled pretty extensively. My current cardiologist said that while it feels strange, some heart just react strongly to things. It happens in babies; when they move their arms their heart rates shoot up dramatically. Of course, we're not babies and I don't think anyone knows exactly what's going on, but I do believe them when they say this isn't dangerous. Then again, it is more uncomfortable than most people realize.

Last edited by msmod; 08-07-2006 at 07:09 AM.

Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #12
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

Thanks for the post CircusSquirrel. That helped to ease my fears a little bit. What beta blocker do you take and when do you take it? I really don't like taking mine in the morning, but like I said, I am too afraid my heart is going to go too low while I'm sleeping if I take it at night. My cardiologist said it would be OK if my heart rate got into the 40s, but when it does I feel like I'm going to pass out. I hate going to see him because I get so frustrated that I always end up crying and then feel like a real idiot! I just don't know what to do about this anymore. I'm so scared. I know I should stop checking my pulse, but lately I feel like my finger is attached to my wrist.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #13
    nikigrl8883
    Inactive
    (female)

nikigrl8883 HB User

well i get like this and i dont even take a beta blocker and i have pains in body especially at night mine isnt anxiety, when this ist started my blood sugar was in coma range oddly enough no answers...im going to die ive accepted that now its just a matter of time im not getting any better im only getting worse even my skin is reactign to something i cant live any kind of life like this anyway...and if no one is going to figure it out and im going to only get worse whats the point in living anymore... i have back pain kneck pain arm pain leg pain feet pain hands pain around my eyes has been swelling up and getting itchy off and on since before this even started really bad the corners of my mouth get itchy and dry my whole body is effected imagine that everyday for the rest of your life only to get worse and better yet to not even freaking know whats causing it......

Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 AM   #14
    Leela_C
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Leela_C HB User

Niki you're not going to die. I have had all of these problems for 3 1/2 years and I'm still here. I'm not in a real good state of mind myself right now, so it is hard trying to reassure you, but please don't say you're going to die. I really can't imagine having to live like this forever, but I may have to. Who knows? I've had a real hard time with the medical profession lately because they can't seem to find out what is wrong with me. I don't even want to go to the doctor anymore because I don't like the "crazy" diagnosis I keep getting. I don't know what else to tell you, but please please please stop thinking you're going to die. I know it totally stinks to be where you are at right now, but you're not alone.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #15
    CircusSquirrel
    Veteran
    (female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

Hi Niki,
    I agree that you need to continue seeing your docs and completing your tests. I know it is hard and scary. I've had a few illnesses that were completely unrelated to anxiety and I know it is awful, but worrying excessively about it makes it worse. A person can't help but worry some, but please don't think you are dying. If your docs thought you were in ANY immediate danger of something bad happening to you, they would put you in the hospital and do the tests there. Really. All docs don't have a great bedside manner, but they want to do their job well. You are going to get better. The docs and you are going to sort this stuff out, it may take some time, but they will.

Last edited by msmod; 08-07-2006 at 09:27 AM.

Closed Thread