It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• derealization. help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
    dodedoo
    (female)

dodedoo HB User
    derealization. help please

I have derealization almost 24/7 and its starting to make me crazy.

The biggest problems I have are with my vision.

Does anyone know how to find relief from derealization and move towards a cure? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
    brionylou
    (female)

brionylou HB User
    Re: derealization. help please

hiya sweety.

do you know the reason your eyes are funny? is your vision is either blurred, too perfect or you have tunnel vision. do you know what i mean? if any of these applies to you, you need to calm down.

its only happening because you are anxious or panicy, because you are breathing irregular, adreneline is produced, which increases the blood flow to your eyes, which makes you think your going crazy. its that easy. you are not going crazy. just take normal breaths. in through your nose, (count to four) out from your mouth.

sarahxxx

Old 08-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
    CircusSquirrel
    Veteran
    (female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
    Re: derealization. help please

If you haven't read any of her books, please get some of Claire Weekes' books such as Peace from Nervous Suffering and Hope and Help from Your Nerves. These books are SO good, and she talks about many anxiety symptoms, derealization included. I've known people in person and online who have bad problems with derealization and found Claire Weekes' books VERY helpful. They were written a long time ago, they are inexpensive, they aren't part of some overpriced program, and I tell you, over the years I have heard people say they were helped so much by her books. Again, they are slightly outdated medication wise, but most of the book is about symptoms, explanations for them, and how to do what she calls "float through" the symptoms. She talks about how an anxiety sufferer feels detached, in a dream world, but she tells you how to feel it and keep on going. I'd try your local library first, then maybe an online bookstore, I've found the auction sites are selling old hardcover editions at too high prices, but that's just my opinion!

Closed Thread