It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• My Disease Called ANXIETY..Please read

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2006, 08:52 PM   #31
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User
    Smile Re: My Disease Called ANXIETY..Please read

Hi Everyone!
    I just wanted to move this post up! I see there are so many new suffers on the anxiety board that feel as if they are alone on their symptoms and struggles. I wanted them to get the chance to see this post hopefully read it
    and know that what they are feeling is real~ and most of all that they are not alone! Hope this helps any of you that are new to the board!
    Any thoughts I am here for support!!!~ Boxerlover

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #32
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User
    Re: My Disease Called ANXIETY..Please read

Hi Froggirl
    I am moving this post up for you! I hope you found it helpful.. Any thoughts or questions please feel free to post!! I hope you feel better knowing your not alone.. Boxerlover227

Old 10-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #33
    lolamb
    (female)

lolamb HB User

Thanks Boxerlover227.
    Wow, for one evening my thoughts of feeling alone in suffering from all of these symptoms of anxiety/panic disorder has gone away. I've been having anxiety for a little over a year now and haven't gone to the doctor about it at all. I'm thinking I should sometime soon because it's affecting my life greatly. I'm having that wirlwind of thoughts and all I can focus on is having anxiety and the anticipation of it, which is giving me a detachment feeling. Feeling detached is a scary feeling. I've always been outgoing and have made lots of friends in the past. Now I try to make many "transactions" with people short and sweet. I see other people laughing and having a good time with their friends and it bothers me ALOT because I miss having that and keep wondering if I'll be that happy and together again.
    These past couple of days I've felt like my anxiety has been full throttle. I just moved to Vancouver, WA which is close to where I grew up. I've been living with my boyfriend this whole year in Louisiana and we both hated it there and decided to move. I miss him dearly and almost feel like he's the only person in my life that truly cares and understands me. Thankfully he's coming out here to live in 3 months. I fear of going crazy or losing personality during our time apart.
    So I have jobs to look for, old friends to see, roommates to make friends with, money to save, find a car...with barely any money to live on until I start working. While worrying about all of this, I'm also worrying about having anxiety during job interviews and old friends or just in daily life. I don't want to ruin perceptions that people have of me and lose peoples acceptance of me.
    I feel depressed and lonely in this new place, does anybody have any suggestions as to what to do? Should I get prescription drugs? Call a hotline? Working it out on my own is what I'd rather do, because I would hate to become reliant on drugs to make me feel better. Sometimes I just can't think straight because of anxiety and feel like I need something more to just work it out on my own.

Old 10-05-2006, 10:16 AM   #34
    Steve1
    Inactive
    (male)

Steve1 HB User

Very well put Boxerlover!
    Bump

Old 10-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #35
    froggirl

froggirl HB User

Thank you, Boxerlover! I especially identified with the part about being in the car and the red light (that in reality isn't taking any longer than usual) is suddenly taking FOREVER to change! That has actually happened to me, and then that makes me think that I am going insane, then everything starts to go wrong.

Anyway, thanks for your post, it looks like it has already helped lots of people!

Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #36
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Lolamb
    Sorry you are going through some rough times..It seems are anxiety loves to creep in during times of change without us even realizing.. You were going through some major changes with the first move and the fact that you didn't like where you were living doesn't help matters. No being away from your boyfriend who you feel very connected to is stressful in it's self.
    I think for now if you can handle the anxiety without feeling to overwhelmed or out of control then by all means do.. focus on the fact that he is returning to you, and surround yourself around positve things, such as dinner or lunch with old friends. Remember to make special time for yourself, whether it be reading a good book or taking a nice autumn walk. But most of all keep in contact with others who feel or are going through what you are. Like you did here on th eanxiety board! You see just reading my post and seeing that I too suffer made you feel that much LESS alone. And that was my whole
    purpose in writing this post mission accomplished! As you can see there are so many others who feel this way. You truly aren't alone and I bet if you stick around here you will find so much comfort as well as friends, and most of all understanding and support.. If you have any questions, thoughts or just need to not feel so alone I am here as well! Boxerlover

Closed Thread