It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Missed my a.m. Buspar - will I notice anything?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
    deenie
    (female)

deenie HB User
    Missed my a.m. Buspar - will I notice anything?

I knew this would happen. I'm usually so good about taking meds but my son has been sick and now my daughter so between giving them medication and myself, I messed up. I'm about 95% positive I forgot my Buspar this morning. I was trying to get too much done. I called the pharmacy at 3:30 when I remembered and they said more than 1/2 the time has elapsed so I should just take my p.m. dose and not double up. I was unable to reach my psychiatrist quickly enough. I just started 2 wks ago and take 5 mg. 2x/day. Will I notice missing this dose? Just wondering...I'm so mad I missed because I am ever so slightly getting more sleep and feeling somewhat better. I don't know if it's the placebo effect or not but I'll take it. I really need to get a pill box since I don't forget again. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #2
    patricia jean
    (female)

patricia jean HB User
    Re: Missed my a.m. Buspar - will I notice anything?

Hello Deene.... I have been taking Buspar for almost 10 years now...I am suppose to take a 15 mg tablet twice a day, but I only take a half a tablet just before I go to bed....They make me so groggy the next day if I take more. If I forget to take one in the evening, then I wake up in the middle of the night with an anxiety attack ....

Old 09-16-2006, 10:24 AM   #3
    cecropia
    (female)

cecropia HB User

It's just nice to see someone who has been on Buspar for 10yrs. I have never stayed on longer than 2 or 3 yrs. but after stopping, I only make it about 3yrs. drug free and then I relapse horribly. I'm back on and this time I plan to stay on for as long as it works. I'm 54 and I really don't want to go through another relapse, they are very hard to go through especially as I get older and have less fight in me.

For the first question, I have never had withdrawal symptoms when stopping buspar, but I always came off gradually. Don't worry if you missed your dose, I have done that before too, and Buspar is not like the benzo's, you don't experience the instant side affect of withdrawal. I took Xanax back in 1992 for only two weeks and had serious withdrawal even after such a short time, but I stopped cold turkey too, so that was part of the reason.

It's hard to find anyone on Buspar because it is such a mild drug and it takes so long to work that most go off before it has a chance to do it's thing.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
    cattyw
    (female)

cattyw HB User

Hey Cec
    I was on Xanax for 7 yrs...it was h*** coming off of. The dose i was on had quit working & the dr said he cant up it anymore. That was a real treat..lol

Old 09-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #5
    cecropia
    (female)

cecropia HB User

Sorry you had a time with Xanax. Some people have been on it for years and never have to increase to stay well. I sure hope the buspar works for you for a long time. I love the effect it gives me, but it always takes at least 3 months for it to start working which is a bummer, but then I start feeling so much better and it keeps on getting better. I forgot to mention that I do go on a lower dose after about 8 months, something like 5 mg. a day of a maintenance dose before going off completely, but I plan to stay on this time around.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #6
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User

buspar builds up in you blood and missing a dose won't make a difference. i am on a large dose, 60mg, . sometimes i miss my afternoon dose and don't feel any different. give yourself another week or so to get the full effect.

Closed Thread