It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Hearing Voices At Night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
    bladebeam

bladebeam HB User
    Hearing Voices At Night

Sometimes when I am tired laying in bed at night or even just tired, I hear voices its hard to properly describe, but they dont make any sense. I take it this isnt normal ! I have been worrying about this all day and wondered why. I suffer from social anxiety and wonder if it is linked to this in any way.
    Thanks for any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
    nuttygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

nuttygirl HB User
    Re: Hearing Voices At Night

hmmmm.......I've never heard this with anxiety disorders. Is it maybe just your own thoughts or recalling something you heard during the day? Could just be your mind kind of releasing all of the stress from your day, deleting it. I'm sorry, I know I'm not being very helpful here. Maybe someone else has experienced this. You should mention it to your doctor though.

Take Care,
    Tori

Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
    MaRiE_010
    (female)

MaRiE_010 HB User

what do they say?....just wondering.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
    bladebeam

bladebeam HB User

Nothing that makes any sense, just random words here and there. I am sure I have read about this a long time ago and it happens to some people at night and early in the morning, it has a name but I cant remember it ! I was thinking it might be that.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
    Steve1
    Inactive
    (male)

Steve1 HB User

My Anxiety and depression have turned into bouts of Psychotic spells were i would here my name being called! So it could be linked, but to me it sounds like you have mild Anxiety, So you need to consult your DR.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:39 AM   #6
    bladebeam

bladebeam HB User

Yeah name being called ! thats one that I get quite a bit ! Is it serious ??

Old 10-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #7
    tnmomofive
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tnmomofive HB User

I believe I have had what the original poster is talking about.I would try and go to sleep and all these thoughts would be going through my mind and they did not make much sense if any.I have had the voices too and it seems if I have been pretty stressed at that time or talking to alot of people or in crowded places with lots of talking going on then that night I may hear jibber jabber while trying to get to sleep.I do not think it is serious.I have had this happen to me here and there for years now and im not insane yet just have anxiety disorder.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
    Bracelet
    Inactive
    (female)

Bracelet HB User

I sometimes think that I'm hearing whispering as I lay down to go to sleep and it freaks me out and makes me sit up in bed - and then I hear nothing. So then I try to go back to sleep and it seems to be gone. It's weird because my boyfriend, who does not have anxiety problems, also hears the whispering sometimes, too. He thinks I may have a ghost living in my condo, which did not amuse me at all, because now I'm all whigged out because of that.

But I do live on the first floor and people frequently take their stupid dogs behind my bedroom window to do their thing, so I'm sometimes hearing that - even with the window closed. I keep thinking that must be it. Either that or my boyfriend is right and I have a ghost or 2 living here with me that I'm not aware of. But if that were true, I think my cats would notice them because they say cats can see ghosts - and they haven't been acting strangely or anything.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
    gxpark1234
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

gxpark1234 HB User

i used to have this pretty bad.. someone else here did too.. i think his name was punkdizzle.. its more like your talking to yourself right? or something like that.. i remember i thought i was schizo and a lot of other things, but im pretty sure it all related to nerves/anxieety/panic because once i stopped thinking about the voices etc etc then the voices stopped.. i know whawt your going through, trust me, and you feel like your going crazy but your not.. oh yea, doesnt it seem like in the middle of the day, you are fine, and its only at night time? alright, well take care.

Last edited by gxpark1234; 10-10-2006 at 04:02 PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
    bynobody
    (male)

bynobody HB User

Are they inside your head or actual heard voices?

Theres a big difference between the two. Sometimes whole conversations Ive had that day or imaginary ones happen, but its always inside my head.

You could also be sort of half asleep too, and when that happens to me Ive heard ringing sounds, or weird things that I just associate with my brain coming out of REM sleep into reality, and I catch the trail end of it.

Regardless, if they are actual heard voices you hear with your ears you should probably go to a psych.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I have major depression disorder with psycotic features, GAD. The psycotic features are I see and hear things that are not there. It's very annoying tonight I am seeing dark shadows zip across a well lit room, very hard to convince yourself your not crazy, and something calling my name and what sounds like whispering in the far corner of the room. After all of that I take Zyprexa which has brought down the number of events substantialy. The events seem to happen on days where my stress level is up.

trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Last edited by trg247; 10-10-2006 at 09:12 PM.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:25 AM   #12
    bladebeam

bladebeam HB User

Thanks for the replies,

yes Hypnagogic/Hypnopompic Hallucinations was what I was thinking of. The voices are definately just inside me head. Dont hear anything at all during the day, unless I havent slept well the night before and the "brain chatter" takes place. I do feel better now I must admit !!!

Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #13
    vuitton
    (female)

vuitton HB User

I have this sometimes, when falling asleep at night. It's like I'm over hearing someone elses conversation, that has nothing to do with my life.

I am so called normal, in other area's in my life. So it's not due, to any serious mental illness.
    I do have GAD, though.

Does anyone else experence it this way?

Old 10-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #14
    mishkaaa
    (female)

mishkaaa HB User

i used to experience that when my anxiety was at its worst. it doesn't happen anymore though. i'd hear words that made absolutely no sense .. and this was when i was falling asleep at night

Closed Thread