It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Tingling Hands with Paxil

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
    nausnowangel

nausnowangel HB User
    Tingling Hands with Paxil

I just started taking Paxil CR (12.5 mg) on Saturday for anxiety and had already noticed a difference within a few days with how I am sleeping and that I am somewhat calmer. But yesterday I started getting a tingly feeling in my arms and hands that I hadn't had before, and today it was worse. Have any of you ever had this happen? I am also nauseous and having diarrhea, both of which I had before I started taking the Paxil but it is worse than it was. I hate to stop taking it because it had already made some difference anxiety wise but it is really scary! If you have had this happen and have switched to something else, what did you try? Thanks for your help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
    neshee
    Inactive
    (female)

neshee HB User
    Exclamation Re: Tingling Hands with Paxil

First of all, are you female and in child-bearing years? If you are, then you should switch meds. I only say this b/c I am 26 and female, and am planning on having another baby someday...I was told NOT to take Paxil, due to recent studies of congenital heart defects in newborns whose moms have taken paxil...I AM NOT TRYING TO FREAK YOU OUT!!! Just to warn you....If you aren't either of these (or have had surgery to prevent pregnancy...ie: tubes tied...then you are fine)....okay...I was on it for a week. Until I found out about the baby thing, then switched to Prozac. Okay, paxil made me worse for the whole time I was on it. My anxiety spiked REALLY high. It is good that it is helping you. I am really sensitive to meds. So, I also had tingling in my arms and hands...this is just anxiety. Sigh. "Just" anxiety. Like it is simple. It really does sound like you are doing VERY well on this med, and unless you are female and child-bearing years, stay on it, and good luck. I ended up on Celexa (Prozac was too strong for me) and that worked well too. I hoped I haven't blabbed too much, just trying to help you out. It sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

Closed Thread