It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Is this chest pain from anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
    shaunsgrl
    (female)

shaunsgrl HB User
    Is this chest pain from anxiety?

I've posted many questions and responses to this board. For the passed 3 days, the whole right side of my chest hurts. It hurts to move or lay down. When I wake up in the morning, I'm short of breath and my chest hurts. They found nothing wrong with my heart. I've had blood work, ekg's, ecg's and a chest x-ray. I've also been getting really bad pains in my lower stomache. I take xanax for anxiety, but I was just curious if anyone else has trouble with chest pain with their anxiety. The pain isn't a "tight" feeling, it feels more like my muscles or my chest hurt to touch it. I don't smoke or drink and I've had my thyroid and everything checked. I know anxiety takes a toll on your body, but, I wasnt sure how much. This is really starting to bother me. Doctors are no help

Last edited by shaunsgrl; 10-22-2006 at 09:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #2
    trg247
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
    Re: Is this chest pain from anxiety?

If they found nothing wrong with you then its more than likely anxiety related. The muscles in peoples bodies when they have anxiety can be very tight and rigid. Right now my neck feels like it is in a brace. The best thing to do is keep stretching and figure out where the root of your anxiety/stress is coming from

trg247
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
    Pristiq
    Cymbalta
    Seroquel
    Temazapam

Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
    nuttygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

nuttygirl HB User
    Re: Is this chest pain from anxiety?

I doubt it's heart related. Sounds like muscle pain. If moving around makes it worse or position change or whatever I was told that means not heart related. Also if it hurts to touch it then definetly some type of muscle pain. You've been checked and everything came out ok so try this - take some tylenol and see if it lessens. If so then you know for sure it's just muscle pain. My doctor told me not to take drugs like advil or aleve with xanax so use tylenol extra strength. Give it a try. Also maybe relaxing in a hot bath with epsom salts might help relax the muscles. When we have anxiety we tend to tense up a lot and that can be the cause of alot of our aches and pains - per my psych If it continues and you can't relieve it even with tylenol then go see your doctor but it doesn't sound serious. Try to relax and think positive!

Keep us posted,

Tori

Closed Thread