It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Muscle twitches, tremors, etc

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
    nofuninsuds
    (male)

nofuninsuds HB User
    Unhappy Muscle twitches, tremors, etc

Hi

I am an anxiety sufferer who tends to self-medicate with beer and although I don't drink as much or as often as I once did, I did have a 6-pack last night and this morning I woke up completely zoned out and I've been having muscle twitches/ripples/tremors on the left side of my neck and left shoulder off and on all day. I also had them (but just on the left side of my neck) yesterday before I began drinking. I was just wondering if alcohol could at least be partially responsible for this or if this is just plain old anxiety. Even Xanax is not making this go away. Thanks for your input. It's very much appreciated!.

- NO FUN IN SUDS

Last edited by nofuninsuds; 10-25-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #2
    ocdengineer
    Inactive
    (male)

ocdengineer HB User
    Re: Muscle twitches, tremors, etc

You need to lay off the booze! I quit drinking two years ago because I had damn near drank my liver into oblivion. Come to find out it was the crutch that was keeping my anxiety at bay. Anyway, there are better ways to get through anxiety. Benzodiazepenes such as Xanax would help a lot in the correct dose, but you should absolutely not take them with alcohol. That is just a bad idea altogether. I noticed that the day after the binge was the worst. I was always sick and in order to feel better again I needed to drink some booze. I hope you can quit the drinking and hopefully a slight increase in Xanax will keep that anxiety at bay.

Good Luck.

Old 10-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #3
    Nades
    (female)

Nades HB User
    Re: Muscle twitches, tremors, etc

Hi
    I also get muscles tremors and twithches. My muscles acually spasm so hard that they go numb, escpecially after a fright. I would quit drinking as this isonot going to help your anxiety.

Closed Thread