It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• please help me does anybodyfeel like me?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #1
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User
    please help me does anybodyfeel like me?

please help does anybody feel like me , for over a year now i feel totally in a dream world morning till night, like ive been taking drugs or been drinking but never taken drugs and ive not been drinking it all started in my pregnancy in oct 2005 , just started feeling anxious at first then the doctors told me to go back on the tablets i use to take which they told me to stop when i found out i was pregnant because it could harm the baby in early stages of pregnancy, I restarted the tablets which had been great for me for 3yrs , i took the first tablet which i couldnt wait to take again as it had helped my anxiety very well i took my first tablet 20mg which they said it was safe to take now the baby was developed cant say 100% but they saidit was o.k as i said i took it then a few hours later i thought i was going to die i felt hot , dizzy and just like id been drinking i could hardler get to the telephone i rung my mum and told her to come as i felt i wasdying i was shaking and i could not focous with my eyes i just felt drunk mum come to my house and stop with me until my husband came home from work. That evening i went to bed about 7.30 just felt out of it got up to go to the toilet and saw my 9yr son i could hardler focous him with my eyes and i had to hold on to the walls has i went to the toilet, just felt like id been drinking , next day i went to tell my doctor how i felt and he just said its the side affects of the tablet and give my body time to get used to it again and the side affects will wear off , but they didnt , since having my baby i come off them tablets and stayed off tablets for 3 months and this drunk feeling never goes away ive been on diffrent tablets because they say its my anxiety whats making me feel like this you name it ive tryed alot but to this day i still feel like this, ive paid private for a ct scan because i was sure the tablets i took did some damange to my brain because this out of it feel came on when i restarted my tablets in pregnancy, but ct scan came back as normal, ive had bloodtest , come back fine which people say you should been pleased with and my friends say im sure you wont be happy untill they find something serious , i say i would be happy but i cant understand why everything comes back normal and i feel so out of it like im in a dream world, dont get me wrong i dont want anything serious wrong with me but i wish they could just find something what they could stop me feeling like this and i could go back to a life again.All the doctors e.t.c can say its ANXIETY because they dont know what else to say, im so fed up of feeling like this had it for 14 months everyday morn till night never have a break would love to here from anyone who feels the same as me please , then at least i will not feel like the only one somedays i could just end it all but i know ive got to stay strong for my husband and my 2 children they need me and maybe one day i can be a well wife and mum again i just live in hope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
    brooke50
    (female)

brooke50 HB User
    Re: please help me does anybodyfeel like me?

Hello,

What you're experiencing is called derealization. I know because I have it. It's a symptom of both anxiety and depression. I had my son 3 years ago and it got really bad after that. You said your started after you took some pills? What pills were they? Have you had your thyroid checked? After I gave birth my TSH went up to about a 10 and that made my anxiety very intense. I was in a panic all day long.
    A lot of people have experinced this feeling, so you are definitely not alone. It's very hard to remain strong, but you have to do it. There are days when I would love to drive into a tree, but when I think about my son I know I could never do it. He's the reason I'm still here.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Brooke

Old 01-07-2007, 05:11 AM   #3
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

Thankyou for repleying back to me they was an antidepressants called seroxat , i had been great on them for 3 yrs , thats why i decided to have another baby, i had suffered with anxiety 4 yrs ago and tried diffrent tablets then they found seroxat but i never had that drunk feeling then. they made me stop the seroxat when i found out i was pregnant, which i didnt want to do , but i put my unborn baby first , then 3 months into my pregenancy i started feel very anxious crying , e.t.c but didnt have this drunk out feeling , said all this anxiety wouldnt be helping the baby they said i could go back on my tablets what i had stop , couldnt wait to start the tablet again because i knew i had been great on them for 3yrs restarted the tablet and after taking it thats when all this out of it drunk feeling started , so instead of making me better it went from bad to worse. To this day i blame the tablet thats why i cant get it in my head its anxiety , this drunk feeling , i,m in a dream allday long, do you feel the same has me did you have this feeling all the time , . I dont know what feel right feels anymore, my life is on hold, my friends try to make me feel better and say you got everything going for you a great husband, 2 lovely children, a lovely house good looks , but i say i would be happy if i could feel well again , i even look at my mum and my sisters and think to myself why cant i feel like them and i,m always watching other people and thinking why cant i feel like them. I dont think i will get out of this feeling , im so fedup, once again thankyou for replying to me it gives me hope to carry on.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

Yweeny, I feel the same way. I also have 2 kids, there are days I feel like I am watching my life a theatre seat, as if I am not involved. I feel like a terrible mother because I never feel really happy. I basically live for my kids, they keep me going. It's terrible to feel like this. I go to therapy and also take meds, but I hate it. I can't really pin point when it got to this point. I know in winter months I do get worse. Yesterday was abnormally warm in NJ and I felt better being outside. Have you been in a lot? Lack of sunshine.
    I wish I had better advice for you, but just know you have someone in NJ who is feeling the same way!

Old 01-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

HI ALEX 12, its good to know theres other people what feel like me , but why do we have to suffer feeling like this its not fair ,well weather in england is not good in winter and these last two weeks it as been really dark , but it doesnt make alot of difference to me i just feel like this 24 7 i hate feeling in this dreamworld i didnt think there was anything out there what could make me feel like this.How long have you felt like this? and do you have it all the time? .What i cant understand is that i never have a break from this feeling , i read on this health boards that derealization comes and go,s on most storys but mine never go,s, ive felt like for 14 months now and i Question is this ANXIETY? or is it a mystery illness? i feel my doctors are fed up of me and just because they have give me blood test and they have come back fine they dont want to know, my doctors in england who i see are rubbish they have told me they cant do anymore for me , they only o.k for cold s and common things e.t.c , i think i might change my doctor , like to see them coping with feeling like this . Do you feel the same as me and what as the doctors told you what it is , i still think thetablets triggered something off it only come on me this drunk feeling , when i restarted them again in pregnancy, i felt sure once i stopped the tablets it would go away , but it didnt . I,ve been on very high doses of tablets , on lots of diffrent ones, been off tablets , nothing works with me , im just a lost cause! . my son starts back at school tomorrow, and its hard work gettin up because as soon as i wake up i feel out of it like ive been drinking loads , i hate feel like this and i just break down and say i cant cope feeling like this anymore , and what is it best thing about it is i dont feel anxious so if i dont feel anxious why do i feel out of it , because ive read dep and der only comes if you really anxious and it says sooon as your anxiety levels go down it goes , so thats why i Question is it ANXIETY. thankyou for your reply , and apart from my husband and my children replys from people like you give me hope to carry on THANKS.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Unhappy Re: please help me does anybodyfeel like me?

I'm happy to help!
    I go through spurts with the feeling of depersonalization. Sometimes its worse then others. I've been on 20 mg of Paxil now for 7 years and .5 mg of Klonopin. I've tried to get off of them but anxiety gets me (although i'm trying to get off Paxil and maybe switch to something else). Lately its been bad, it usually occurs when my health is not good and I've been suffering from breathing issues and a lump in the throat feeling which are causing me great distress. I Have had a ton of tests done and nothing is helping. Anyway.....
    I'm not a doctor but have had my share of problems, to me you sound like you have depression more then just anxiety. Do you see a psychologist? Don't give up! Talking about it , especially to people who know how you feel is the best therapy. Are there any group therapy's by you?
    ALso, could this be a post partum depression... maybe have your harmones checked since you said it happend after your son was born.
    I am 34 and am going through pre mature menapause which is really shocking to me, i know this does not help my anxiety.

I wish I could just make it all go away for everyone!

Old 01-07-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BTW I just looked uo Seroxat and that is Englands version of Paxil. Paxil can make you very tired , maybe you would be better on Prozac or Lexapro.
    I don't know...but I take Paxil and it is a side effect. It is also hard to stop taking and you have bad side effects while going off of it. I am wondering if this dizziness and blurry vision happend while you were coming off of it?
    It is one of the hardest if not the hardest anti depressants to get off of.
    Just thought I would throw that in.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:29 AM   #8
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

Hi, no i felt o.k for 3 months when i stop the tablets then i started to feel anxious again didnt have this drunk out of it feeling then and felt great on the tablets for 3yrs ,its only when i restarted the tablet i began to feel this drunk feeling it come other me when i took the first tablet,thats why i thought it was the tablet having a diffrent affect in my pregnancy. Im so scared they missing something with me , i cant understand why i feel like this aLL THE time you dont have it all the time , i paid for a ct scan that come back o.k , i just feel in my own little worldallday long and i feel nobody reallly knows why. I was great on seroxat for 3yrs and never felt out of it , i didnt even want to come off the tablets in my pregnancy but the doctor said it could harm the baby in the early stages , but i know people who never stop it and there babys are fine. CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 AM   #9
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

It is derealization. I have it all of the time. They did not miss anything. If they said you are OK then you are. Trust me... I went thru this for many months and I have comes to terms with it. It will take time but will go away.

Did you mention that you were back on meds?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:31 AM   #10
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

HI j2oo6,Had a break from tablets they wasnt doing anything been off them for over a month, had to get my mum down today been crying and saying i cant take much more and i will never get better, i want to live but not feeling like this .My mums gone home feeling upset i just want my old self back.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tweeny, do you have a therapist? I think it's important that you have someone local you can physically talk to.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
    tweeny456
    (female)

tweeny456 HB User

yes ive see 3 up to now, you name it ive seen them, i just feel like im going round round in circles and not getting anywhere, feel i cant take much more of feeling like this, had to send for my mum because i could not cope with the baby,today because ive been crying and saying i want my old self back and i cant take much more, just cant see a wait out, nothings working with me and cant understand why. my 9 yr old is due to come home from school soon , he should be coming back to a happy normal mum, not to me, i just want to get better, and be a good mum not one that feels outn of it and crys all the time, i dont know who to see next. thankyou for replying to me it means alot.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #13
    brooke50
    (female)

brooke50 HB User

Hello,
    Contact King's College. They have done tons of research on dp and they will help you. I could give you the name of the doctor but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do that.
    I honestly think you just need to find the right medication. Maybe paxil just didn't work a second time. That happened to me with lexapro and imipramine. They worked great the first time but not the second and third time.
    Hang in there. I know it's difficult. I'm going through the same thing. It's hard to be patient when you're so sick, but you have to for your kids. You'll be ok!
    Brooke

Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Did you get better from using a medication? any other advise you can give us on how you got better?

Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 PM   #15
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Did you get better from using a medication? any other advise you can give us on how you got better?

Closed Thread