It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro Rash - Serious or Not

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
    nina1915
    (female)

nina1915 HB User
    Lexapro Rash - Serious or Not

Today is my 8th day taking Lexapro and since Saturday or Sunday I've slowly developed a very itchy rash on my torso, neck and back of my head. I called my PCP who gave me the rx (haven't switched yet) on Monday and he said it wasn't a side effect of the Lexapro and just to keep taking it. I was looking it up online today and read that a rash is a very serious side effect and that I should seek emergency treatment right away. Has anyone else had this problem with Lexapro? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
    worriertwo
    (male)

worriertwo HB User
    Re: Lexapro Rash - Serious or Not

Certain rashes are a very serious side effect, especially if your skin begins to blister or peel. They are very rare occurrences but they do happen. You should see a doctor to be sure it is nothing serious.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
    jete23
    (female)

jete23 HB User

I know several ppl. who have taken this med and have never heard of this as a side effect. Double check with your pharmacist...maybe its not from the meds. Could be stress related or have you switched your soap or laundry detergent

Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
    nina1915
    (female)

nina1915 HB User

I couldn't take the itching anymore and went back to the doctor today. I wanted to know what the rash was from if it wasn't from the Lexapro. It was starting to spread to my face. Part of my anxiety comes from my appearance and looking that bad to me was worse than the itchiness. He took one look at my rash and said it WAS from the Lexapro. I'm so mad at him for not seeing me last week when I called. He told me to stop taking it today (already took this morning) and start taking 1 Zyrtec for 5 days. If the rash goes away then I should start taking Paxil CR 12.5 mg every day for 2 weeks. If my body handles that okay then he wants me to try Paxil CR 25 mg every day. I hope it works because I'm a mess, physically and emotionally from this rash. I even called out sick the other day so no one could see me.

Closed Thread