It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro Dose & side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2007, 05:26 PM   #16
    acebabe
    (female)

acebabe HB User
    Re: Lexapro Dose & side effects

great how these meds work Jete. how'd the appt go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 10:32 PM   #17
    jete23
    (female)

jete23 HB User

well today is the third day on the xanax 2x a day, and I feel great. The physical symptoms are still lingering, but are nowhere near as bad as they were. I was able to go to class tonight and I didnt space out or anything like I have been. So, all in all, if this keeps working the way it did today, I will be a VERY happy camper. I still need to get back on a normal sleep schedule. Hopefully that will follow suit. Keep your fingers crossed that this works for me!!!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
    Timber
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

I take 10mg Lexapro and it's working GREAT.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #19
    acebabe
    (female)

acebabe HB User

timber,
    I am so glad lex is working good for you too. I have had good luck on it also.
    I am on 30mg a day so maybe that's why. HaHa

Old 02-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #20
    ktbird
    (female)

ktbird HB User

I just joined because I was interested in finding others who take lexapro. And here they are! I've been taking 10mg for a year and half and love it. They only problem I believe I've had is weight gain.. significant for me. Have others experienced this? Also, am wondering if you've experienced other side effects?

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:45 PM   #21
    wailana
    (female)

wailana HB User

I gained 17 pounds. As for other side effects I experienced, I sweat a lot, especially at night, drowsy, tired, took naps very often, and low energy.I got off Lexapro about a year ago.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
    donewithvics
    (female)

donewithvics HB User

I am taking 30 mg/day since Sept. I have gained about 14 lbs! But, I also quit smoking, so I couldn't figure out if it was the Lexapro or that...still don't know, but seeing as though others have experienced weight gain, I tend to think that's the reason. My eating habits haven't changed at all. I take Chantix for the smoking and with that, I never starting chowing down or anything. Here's my question: I was traveling and forgot my lexapro and didn't take it for 3 days straight. On the 3rd night, I FREAKED out. I went to go to bed and the brain zaps started...I thought I was going INSANE. It was horrifying...thankfully, I got home the next day and took the lexapro and felt better about 4 hrs later. I told my dr this and she acted like it was impossible for that to happen. She said it wasn't an addictive drug. I didn't say I was addicted! I am concerned about what in the heck it's doing to my brain for that to happen when I don't take it!! I want off this drug! Anyone have any advice or thoughts??

Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #23
    acebabe
    (female)

acebabe HB User

you have to go off this drug slowly. i went off once and about every 3 day i felt lie i had the flu. took half a dose and i felt better. slowlytake yourself off the med.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #24
    wailana
    (female)

wailana HB User

Those brain zaps are crazy. When I was getting off the meds and a few weeks after, I had zaps. It was so irritating. Go slow when weaning off...

Closed Thread