HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   Xanax for fear of flying (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/472758-xanax-fear-flying.html)

Trent9 02-17-2007 03:36 PM

Xanax for fear of flying

I told my doctor that I will be traveling alot this year and that I am not a good flyer. I can get on the planes but I always have alot of anixety while flying. He percribed me .5mg of Xanax and suggested that I take one or two tablets a half hour before I board the plane.

Has anyone else used Xanax to help get over the anixety of flying?

kessa 02-17-2007 06:34 PM

Re: Xanax for fear of flying

:) Trent9- Xanax works great for flying. I spent many years holding on for dear life. Last time i flew I had some Xanax with me and It made things much better. I didn't even hold on to the seat, (for the whole flight.) I will NEVER fly without Xanax again. Only take one and wait to see if you need the second one. It can make you sleepy. Happy Flying.
Kessa:wave:

SanyBelle 02-17-2007 07:45 PM

[B]Trent9[/B], I've been taking Xanax for flying for 10 years now, I take about .75 to 1.0 mg when I fly. It works wonderfully. My doc also gives me Inderel to take with the Xanax, I think that is a drug that helps with things like stage fright, sweaty palms.

I've talked to people about taking fear of flying courses, but you know what? If a little bit of Xanax helps me and I don't abuse it, I'm taking it.

One thing to do before you fly is to try it at home to see how you react to it. You'd hate to get on a long flight only to find out it doesn't work for you or you are allergic to it.

Good luck and let us know how it's working!

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Off we go into the wild blue yonder![/COLOR][/B] :angel: :wave:

jete23 02-17-2007 10:38 PM

Works awesome-i only need .25 though to fly

wailana 02-18-2007 02:28 PM

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Navy"]I use xanax whenever I fly. I try to not take it and it's never the case. I feel so much better after taking it. No anxiety. I like that it makes me sleepy because when I sleep on the airplane, the shorter the flying is for me.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

boxerlver227 02-18-2007 05:01 PM

would never fly without it!!! works great as the others have mentioned. I have a horrible fear of flying and I feel claustrophobic on planes and the xanax takes that anxiety all away!:)

donewithvics 02-18-2007 06:34 PM

I take .5 mg about 45 minutes before flying and it works perfectly. It makes me a little sleepy, but that's just fine by me...LOL.

Trent9 02-19-2007 08:46 AM

Thanks for all your positive comments!

I'll be flying in the next month and I am already having less anxiety because of all your positive comments. I will let you know how the Xanax was after I return from my trip.

Pro-Cras 02-20-2007 03:27 PM

I take Xanex when I fly and now I won't get on a plane without it. Before I used to make scenes in planes. Now, I nap. I wake up a bit groggy, but it's better than drinking myself into a hysterical sloppy mess!

Mushroomie 02-20-2007 09:05 PM

I just went to vegas last week. Never flew in my life was very scared about flying I took my xanax before I got on the plain and I did okay. On the way back I also took it and I got the balls to sit by the window. So yes I recremend Xanax for flying it works great plus it helps people sleep make that trip shorter.

Peace
Mushroomie