It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Klonopin in the day?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User
    Klonopin in the day?

I am wondering if any of you take Klonopin in the day? i was told to take it in the day but it makes me sleepy and out of it, then I get withdrawl symptoms the next day when I don't take 2.
    ANyway I am wondering if anyone else has advice?
    I also take Paxil by the way.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
    ocdengineer
    Inactive
    (male)

ocdengineer HB User
    Re: Klonopin in the day?

I am not positive about Klonopin, but I assume it is similar to Xanax since they are very similar in composition. Xanax actually causes me no drowsiness anymore. The drowsiness wore off after the first few days of continual use. Do you take the Klonopin as needed, or daily? If you take it as needed then you will probably feel drowsy every time you take it. If you take it daily then your body gets used to it and the drowsiness should go away. Also, if you are getting rebound anxiety then you should either divide your dose up in two and split the day or you need to take another dose to split the day. Take a consistent amount daily rather than as needed otherwise the rebound anxiety can be worse than the original anxiety. How long have you been on Paxil, because in the first months of SSRI usage it is not uncommon for you to feel worse than before due to side effects. This is supposed to go away and this is also why you are taking the Klonopin as prescribed by your doctor.

Hope this helps,
    OE

Old 02-22-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
    alex12
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

alex12 HB Useralex12 HB User

OCDE
    Thanks fo the quick post...I've been on Paxil 7 years, too long, but anyway, i think youa re right maybe I am getting rebound anxiety. I take it every night at around 8pm .5 mg, maybe I should break up .5 in the day. I just didn't want to take too much of it. I guess 1 mg in total isnt that much, is it?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
    ocdengineer
    Inactive
    (male)

ocdengineer HB User

1 mg is very little. It should help you a lot.

Later,
    OE

Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 AM   #5
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i take klonopin in the day usually within the first 4 hours of when i wake up. ive been on it for about 4 months now. i started out at .5mg and then worked my way up to 1mg daily. i dont break it up or take it in doses, just 1mg, once daily. it made me a little tired during the day but that was about it. i just take it as soon as i felt a little "jittery" which is the feeling i get when im about to get really anxious. i definitly think that klonopin causes rebound anxiety. my doc first prescribed it for me as an "as needed" medication but i quickly found myself taking it every day because i needed it. the same thing happened to me on xanax but when i switched psychs, she switched me to klonopin bc she likes it better than xanax. i get withdrawl symptoms easily from the klonopin. ive been weening myself off klonopin for over a month now (im taking it really slow). im down to .125 mgs but i still get withdrawl effects the next day from it. just listen to your body when taking these kind of meds. it's very easy to go from taking it just whenever needed, to taking it daily and upping your dose. just make sure you have control over it. and if you get withdrawl symptoms the next day try to not take twice the dose. try to just take what you need and wait a while to see if you feel better. if you feel like you dont want to be taking it every day and you are upping your dose often talk to your doctor about getting off of it and getting on something else. benzos are not a long term medication. good luck. if you have any other problems or questions, let me know!

Last edited by msmod; 02-26-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #6
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

I took klonopin for several months and I found breaking up the dose worked better for me. I suffered for a many weeks with just taking one a bedtime. when I switched to a bit in the morning and a bit at night I was better.

Last edited by j2006; 02-26-2007 at 08:21 AM.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
    sheri123flowers
    (female)

sheri123flowers HB User
    Arrow Re: Klonopin in the day?

i take klonopin in the morning, right when iopen my eyes i am always anxious at this time, ,ive also been on it for yrs, same dose, still works and there are also days where i dont even take it due to the fact i dont wake up anxious. and i have been fine, i know dr told me i would need to up doses as i would get used to it and body would need more but this hasnt been my case. i must say, i had back surgery 8 weeks ago that hasnt so far helped at all and find myself anxious terrible lately. but i am presribed 1mg. 3 x a day and i only normaly take .5mg a day. i was on paxil for yrs and got off it due to side effects i could no longer stand. i guess everyone is different. i worried about addiction or dependency, but as far as i can tell im not dependent or addicted. just know that it works for me and why try to fix it if it aint broken

Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #8
    Esoph
    (female)

Esoph HB User

Hi eloisegirl! I started taking xanax on a "as needed basis" also and found myself using it for over 2 years. Then last summer, my new doc switched me to Clonazepam ( is that what you are talking about - klonopin?). She told me it stays in your body longer than xanax.

I was also informed that these types of meds can cause the very symptoms they get rid of - how on earth do you get out of this cycle? My doctors told me I may have to take them all my life - that freaks me out! And I'm not just taking them for panic/anxiety, I'm also taking them for esophageal spasms (which make you feel like your having a heart attack). My esoph spasms cause me to panic and my panic makes my spasms worse - A REBOUND on the REBOUND??? It's all nuts - but I do know that once I find an alternative and safe med for my spasms - I would definately like to stop taking benzoes - ALTHOUGH - I know it is going to be SO HARD - I've tried it before.

Well, good luck to you!

Last edited by msmod; 03-08-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #9
    jclay
    (female)

jclay HB User

oh my God,I was on Konopin for almost 20 years! This was for night panics and prozac for the day. Comming off klonopin was a TOUR THROUGH HELL. I know I should have tapered down more slowly. But I will NEVER EVER use that drug again. I don't know you but I am compelled to warn you that comming off of this drug is NO JOKE. Please read everything you can. It is VERY addictive. I lost my short term memory, then my long term memory was slipping so I got off. My doctors never told me that I should not have been on it so long. Its been almost six months and it still feels like I have bees in my feet. This drug is a "benzo" and although it works for what they prescribe it for, the price to pay is your memory, and after long term use, your identity. But this is from long term, 2 mgs per day useage. Your still okay. Please be carefull. I just posted this for another poor soul that started out on klonopin on another board. Sorry if you read it twice. Julie

Closed Thread