It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• How Can I Stop Worrying About Death?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
    NATALiE09
    (female)

NATALiE09 HB User
    How Can I Stop Worrying About Death?

I'm on my period (sorry!) right now, and my anxiety, as usual for this time of the month, is its peak point. I have been freaking out about worrying about death lately, and I sometimes go through these phases, yet I always forget how I rid myself of them. Does anyone ever go through this? HOW CAN I STOP WORRYING!?

Also, does anyone ever feel like if what you are feeling is just anxiety, why does it feel so real, and why can't you stop it? Like, why can't I just STOP this anxiety from ruining my emotional state when it does?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
    Re: How Can I Stop Worrying About Death?

hey natalie,

i also get very "bad" around the time of my cycle, but mine has to do with depression--it completely plummets. with that comes irritability, anger, and snapping at just about everything...most of the time it's not even directed at anybody in particular--even inanimate objects upset me. it's the underlying anxiety and depression, that for me go hand-in-hand. actually i was dx. with major depression and axiety/panic dis.

when i was younger (i'm 36 now), i used to think about death. my own death, and especially the eternity of it. i hated it. i was afraid of it. and the inevitability of it. i couldn't imagine not being. nobody understood either. i was alone in this misery....as i grew older, these thoughts seemed to go away...don't know why, maybe b/c i witnessed my grandparents pass away (and i was very close to them); i thought of all the great people who've lived, you know, the great minds in history, who've lived and died, and said to myself or thought to myself, that if this happened to them, heck, i'm nobody special, and as a matter of fact, death is part of life. from the moment we're born, we're headed there. no matter what we do to distract ourselves. so, i'd better forget about it, and just go on, since i can't do anything to stop it anyway. i'm no more special than the others before me, then the trees, the flowers, the stars (they die too), and everything else in the universe.

i've done some yoga and some meditation in the past. i am going to take a meditation class again, but for other reasons (to ease my stress and other pressures i'm feeling these days). maybe you would want to try that too?

i'm sorry you're feeling so bad. but believe me, there's light at the end of the tunnel (no pun intended)!
    good luck to you!

Old 03-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #3
    Dakota_Skye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NATALiE09 View Post
    Like, why can't I just STOP this anxiety from ruining my emotional state when it does?
    because our minds are more powerful than we can imagine. one more thought, and i know i may sound petty and cliche, but keep as busy as you can when you feel this way. keep your mind occupied with something else. it may help!!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
    edz61
    (male)

edz61 HB User

Hello All, I was just browsing through and thought to make a few comments about anxiety and the fear of death. There are so many people out there totally oblivious to the fact that death will come for all of us and then there are those consumed with the thought of death on daily basis. Niether one is a healthy approach to this subject. The reality is that death is inevitable for all of us regardless of our age, health, wealth..etc. but the good news is that death is only a small part of our life. All we do is leave the cocoon we inhabited as a human to experience life on this planet and then start another journry. Let's face no one really knows but at least it's something that happens to all of us. The sad thing is that right from birth we are taught that death is a bad thing as it may be the end. Imagine if from day one you were born you were told that death is a gift from God as you will begin a better and happier life after this one. A life will no pain, sadness, depression, nothing but happiness, peace and joy, would you still be afraid as much as you are now.

People like us with anxiety experience the fear of death everytime we get the attacks or feel anxious. I swear when my dad passed I started have the fear of death and 3 years later my anxiety started and then everything got worse. There is not a day that I don't think about death and as soon as something goes wrong and I am not feeling good I automatically assume the worst case senario. Bottom line my friends, if have faith we should have hope and we should enjoy this life every day and look forward to the next. We can not even assume what the next life maybe like as our intelligence can not concieve such.

How many times have we all on the site thought that we were about to die, that day or that night and everytime we were anxious we thought this time it's all over and there is no way out of this one. Yet we promise ourselves everytime that if we make it through this one and don't die, the next time we feel this way we will not be scared as we will know it's just a false alarm. But unfortunately everytime we get scared and panic all over again. Well guess what we are all still here and still alive.

I feel for all you dear friends as I feel what you feel everyday. But the truth is that this monster only lives in our heads despite the fact that it seems so real.

Don't be consumed with such thoughts, a slight shift in your awareness and attitude will eventually change your life. You need to concentrate on the positives and thank God for them and the negatives will vanish before your eyes. I am getting so much better day by day but still not quite there.

God bless you all

Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
    mellyuk
    (female)

mellyuk HB User

Hi

I surrer fromthis too, I have to have a minor opperation in 20 days and I am convinced I only have 20 days left on this planet. However I souldn't have wrote that because my subconcus mind is now thinking that!

I work through Louise Hay and Susan jeffers material and do affermations, also when I am thining a bad thought I replace it with a picture of my dog. It's hard work but i am trying to re train my mind to think only positive and nice things. On the therory that the subconsus mind only puts out what you put in. Si for me instead of thinking i only have 20 days to live, I am thinking in 20 days I will be back home, my hemmoroids will be fixed and I will have learned from that exeperice not to worry so much of I have to go through something simular again.

I would recommend louise hay for the health anxiety though, it's hard, I think all people with anxirty have ve ry creative minds and we just need to create a positive place in stead of the negative we all live in.

I hope this help.

Closed Thread