It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• meningitis anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 AM   #1
    AgingSpud
    (male)

AgingSpud HB User
    meningitis anxiety

I was just curious...is there anyone else out there, besides me, who is getting over meningitis and is experiencing anxiety from it?

I know its a 6-9 month, possibly year long battle till all of the physical symptoms subside, but its hard to continue to put a smile on the face when I feel miserable all the time....

Ive also noticed that it almost seems cyclical, every couples weeks, when it really gets bad and I end up sobbing, then I feel a bit refreshed...and I continue on.

The neurologist said all of the symptoms (headaches, neck pain, eye pain, anxiety, etc..) will all go away over time... But is there anyone else out there who can shed some light on their own experiences with meningitis?

Thanks...!!

The following user gives a hug of support to AgingSpud:
    graycy (07-19-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to AgingSpud For This Useful Post:
    graycy (07-19-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 04:38 AM   #2
    LisaB123
    (female)

LisaB123 HB User
    Re: meningitis anxiety

Hi there,
    I am sorry to hear about your menigitis as I am for my own.
    I would not wish this on my worst enemy! I cam down with Pnuemonical Meningits on May 6 and I am home now after hospital stay and I.V at home also. I fear all these headaches that I keep getting and I too am depressed at least once a day asking why me? I just want my life back. I can't work, drive or much else as these after headaches put me right back on my back. I live for pain killers of ibuprofen and tylenol 3's. Far cry from my previous life.
    Have you experienced these after effects too?
    I feel like I am alone and all I do is complain now about this pain etc...
    I would like to hear your story and what your days are like now.

Best regards,
    Lisa

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-24-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Closed Thread