It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Zolft to Wellbutrin and now Adderall+Wellbutrin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
    SkyeHigh
    (female)

SkyeHigh HB User
    Zolft to Wellbutrin and now Adderall+Wellbutrin

I was on zoloft (for panic) for 2 years (50-100mg) prescribed by my internist. Beginning of January, I found a psychiatrist and told him that I wanted to get off of Zoloft because it was causing me sever night sweats, too vivid dreams and affecting my orgasms. He suggested to try Wellbutrin, but since it isn’t known for helping anxiety – he suggested taking clonazepam too (.25 mg morning and night).

I tapered off of the Zoloft for a few weeks (or was it one week)…stopping at 25 mg once per day, overlapping that week with150mg of Wellbutrin XL. About 4 weeks later, I became an emotional wreck. No depression until 4 weeks – which was really weird. Then all of the sudden – wamm – crying and an emotional weepy mess (not like me at all). This lasted for 3 week (until I could see my psyc again). After a lot of discussion he thinks I am ADD (which makes total sense) and put me on Adderall. Still taking the Wellbutrin (150) and only taking 0.25 clonazepam at night (which I don’t think I need anymore).

My question is – could the wellbutrin be causing depression and now it is masked by the adderall? I want to stop taking the wellbutrin, but how do I tapper off when my pills are tiny 150mg roundish spherical-ish tabs?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread