It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Failed my driving test for the second time

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #1
    mellyuk
    (female)

mellyuk HB User
    Angry Failed my driving test for the second time

Hi all

It's me again, I had another crack at the test and failed again. Although this time I was not in a state of panick as I was the first time, I was still very nervous and drove too slow and was failed.

I am on such a downer, for two weeks prior I have had terrible acid reflux and nausea and my doctor has put me on stornger tablets for this problem, I have to go and have a scope to look at my stomach. However I think maybe it is all caused by my anxiety and maybe as I seem to have my panick attacks in order my anxiety is manifesting itself as pysical symtoms?

Anyway I am gutted, the examiner said 'you were very nrevous' and he marked me down for it, even though I tried to expain that during the test I was calm for me and I suffer from extreme anxiety and it was a amazinf feat for me to even try and learn to drive. Oh I think these nerves are going to get me every time, people notice even when I am feeling calm for me.

What shall I do, I might sell my car and give up on the learning to drive as I obviously can't do it! and all my health worries have got worse since I started!

x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2007, 07:38 AM   #2
    myasmom05
    (female)

myasmom05 HB User
    Re: Failed my driving test for the second time

don't give up..i failed mine 3 times before i passed.. and my cousin failed his 9 times.. you can do it just keep trying!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
    ChaosAD
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChaosAD HB User

I know it doesn't help right now, but from what you said you did better then the last time. As long as you are always improving you should never be in despair. Like myasmom05 said, many ppl fail it a few times before getting it down. I took it twice before I passed and I think i am a great driver heh. So keep your chin up and just keep trying. There is no time table that says you must get this by any set date or after any set times. That is why they let ppl take it so often, cause ppl don't pass all the time.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
    ctrl-alt-del
    (male)

ctrl-alt-del HB User

My friend failed his two times as well, and only passed on the third try - but right now he is one of the best drivers I know! I also failed my first one... and I think I barely passed it on the second time (I had driving anxiety for a few years).

All I have to say is that you need to tell yourself that it is something that you need and you will get it. Implant that message somewhere in the back of your head and always strive to get it achieved...

Old 05-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
    Andrea84
    (female)

Andrea84 HB User

This brings back old memories. Many years ago I failed the driving test three times because of terrible anxiety. The only reason I passed on the fourth try was that I was already a seasoned driver by that time. This was because after I took many driving lessons from a driving school I had a good friend who sat in the passenger seat (which kept me calm while I was in the novice stage) while I would drive everywhere - this went on for literally a year or so - by the time I took the fourth test my anxiety didn't affect my driving - my driving was so automatic by that time. I was no longer a new driver! My suggestion is that you do the same thing if possible. You will eventually pass the test - it doesn't matter how long it takes - there's no time limit! I've been driving for years now and nobody asks me how many times I took the test!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #6
    ChaosAD
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChaosAD HB User

mellyuk,

Just wondering if you had tried again or scheduled a test.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:20 AM   #7
    mellyuk
    (female)

mellyuk HB User

Hi

Thank you all for your support.

Yes I have re booked for the 8th June, dreading it, god knwos what I'll do if I fail again.

I have also given up smoking today.

I spent the last 3 weeks with acid reflux, nausea and hunger pangs, my GP gave me tablets but I feel fatigued by them and my stomach feels better almost, so I havew also stopped taking them today. I think I spend half my life worrying about dying instead of living it, so terrified I will have cancer, all the time, it's awful. I thought maybe all the net searching and terrifying myself was making my symptoms worse, I am very sensitive anyway.

Hence today I have packed in the fags (for good this time) and I was thinking I might try really hard (not that I never have) to get rid of this anxiety. I am trying to rid my mind and body of everything negative right now.

Some support would be great, becuase I am sure by not worrying about my health and all these feelings I get I will miss something terrible, however I think my body will let me know if there is something terrible, won;t it?

Thanks again everyone and keep your fingers crossed for me on June the 8th about 2.40pm UK time,

Melly xx

Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
    ChaosAD
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ChaosAD HB User

Is there anyway you can have someone test you a few times leading up to the actual test? That way you can get used to taking the written and driving part as well as maybe helping yourself learn. By doing that you might get used to the test and it might not give you so much anxiety cause you will have already done it a few times in test. Not sure if it is the same there, but here we have to take a written exam then get in the car with someone and drive around as they tell us what they want us to do.

Either way good luck! I look forward to hear back on your results.

Reply Reply