It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Racing heart after eating?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #1
    Fiona84
    (female)

Fiona84 HB User
    Racing heart after eating?

I have noticed that anytime I eat a meal, I get heart palps and a faster heart beat,I would say about 100 bpm.

Does anyone else get that?

Also, I get apparently "benign" pvcs and pacs. How many times a day would you say you feel them?

I go months without feeling anything and then times like now I notice them at least 10 times a day.

My doctor said not to worry unless they are continuous and don't stop, but still....

Also, sometimes I can't tell if what I am feeling is a pvc or not...its like anytime I get a sensation in my chest I think its a heart palpitation but im not sure.

I'm just trying really hard to figure this whoel thing out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
    brandon777
    (male)

brandon777 HB User
    Re: Racing heart after eating?

i honestly think its nothing serious because it has been said that your blood pressure gets a little high after eating a meal.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
    smurfy33
    (female)

smurfy33 HB User

My heart rate goes up after I eat, too. I have acid reflux and I have associated it with that.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
    boots4me
    (female)

boots4me HB User

This is just an idea, but have you considered food sensitivity or allergy? Sometimes this is the reaction. I love chocolate and I'm more allergic to that than anything I was tested for. I told the dr that I drink Suisse Mocha and a lot of times I noticed my heart racing and beating hard within 10 or 15 minutes after I finished a cup. This doesn't happen drinking coffee and never noticed it eating chocolate or drinking cocoa. All he said was, "That should tell you something." Perhaps it's the combination or some other additive in it.

I used to be in accounting and before the days of PCs did everything manually. This is trivial compared to heart pounding, etc.but many times after eating lunch, I'd go back to work and my handwriting changed. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't write as well as I did before eating. I finally pinned it down to certain foods. I told my GP and he scoffed at it being food sensitivity or allegy, but the allergist didn't.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #5
    Vickie306
    (female)

Vickie306 HB User

My heart races sometimes after a meal too. And sometimes within minutes of eating I feel like I'm trying to swallow over a hump.

I've been tested by an allergist for tree pollens, grasses, weeds, molds, etc. The only thing that slightly raised was house dust and mold. And that he said was very minimal. He went ahead and did skin scratch testing for common foods and condiments and drew blood that was analyzed as well.

Food allergy testing came back totally negative. As in absent....undetectable. I'm sitting here typing this with a lump in my throat. I just finished a hand full of potato chips. The bag say's ingredients.....potato, salt, sunflower oil. That's it, no other ingredients or preservatives.

He tells me my symptoms are "food anxiety" due to a terrible episode I had after eating a payday candy bar that was a total coincidence to eating the candybar. And now he say's the experience has left me with "issues" regarding food. Go figure.

I hate feeling like this. I've always enjoyed dining out. Hub and I love nothing better than going to a movie and then to a great restaurant. Now I look at food as the enemy. Something that can kill me. The anxiety over it can be overwhelming. I have alot of good days, and then bam, out of no where the lump appears after eating, and then I think I feel my lower lip swelling, or I'm short of breath, or am I flushing? I run to hub or ask whoever I'm with at that time if they think my lips, tongue or face is swelling. They always say no.

The cycle is viscious. I pace the floor not knowing whether to take benadryl or a xanax (prescribed for esoph spasm). So I just end up pacing for 3-4 hours waiting it out. I just want my life back.

I feel your pain.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
    boots4me
    (female)

boots4me HB User

I wonder about all our GMO foods these days that seem to be everywhere. I've had some "sensitivities" to a few things for years but I've never had severe reactions to anything. The last 2-3 years I've had some pretty severe reactions to a few foods that I was never even "sensitive to" (one was corn)and I'm positive it's GMO food. I wonder when allergists test for foods, if they test the food as it was prior to genetic engineering.

I recently bought a multi-vitamin put out by a well known company. It has has herbs, mushrooms, greens and other things in addition to the normal vitamins. I took them for about a week and really felt great, but then I started having a hard time swallowing them and any other things I take. Normally I can swollow 2 or 3 at once, but it just seemed like there was something wrong with my reflex and had to take one at a time. The vitamin pills were huge, so I was cutting them into 3 pieces and even had a hard time with those after a while. I quit for about three days, and the swallowing reflex got better, but then I seemed to be getting a cold. I have asthma and keep it under control with a few herbs that normally work without fail to stop any allergic/bacterial/viral problems and they don't seem to work like they always have. In the meantime my swallowing reflex seemed to get better so I took one of these vitamins again. Within two hours my voice was going. By the label there is nothing strange, but I wonder if they use the pure organic food.

Some of the stuff I've recently read about GMO foods is downright scary. Third world countries won't buy some of our food. I've read even mice and wild animals won't eat GE corn but we get it, and corn syrup is used in place of sugar in a lot of things so who knows what that could be doing to us.
    Maybe these foods are the cause of a lot of health problems that can't be diagnosed.

Closed Thread