It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Buspar

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-12-2007, 05:13 PM   #1
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User
    Buspar

so instead of my dr. telling me to up my dose in xanax he gave me a thing for buspar
    anyone take this before
    i read some pretty bad reviews...it got like a 2 out of 10!!!!!!!!!!
    i was comfy with xanax but it wasnt really helping and i was taking .25...im also on lexapro which i just started
    any thoughts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
    younggranny
    Veteran
    (female)

younggranny HB User
    Re: Buspar

My doctor wants me to try buspar also. She said that buspar works well for some people and then others it doesn't help. I don't think there are too many side effects with buspar, so that is a good thing..I am going to start my buspar after my daughters wedding.. I didn't want to start it right before because i didn't know how my body would respond to it...so right now i am on xanax. Usually i don't take xanax everyday but now with my daughters wedding coming up i have taken them everyday and it has really helped with the stress of everything. My doctor pretty much said that if you need xanax more than once or twice a week it is then good to try an antidepressant or buspar.. Let me know how it goes for you when you start buspar..

Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM   #3
    wifeofbp20yrs
    (female)

wifeofbp20yrs HB User

I have taken Buspar for a few years now. and the only side effects i ever had or have is when first starting to take is muscle aches but they go away after it is your system2-3 days. Other than that it workes great for my anxxietys.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #4
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

but what is the point of taking it with my lexapro
    yes the lex didnt kick in yet but im saying...why take both if they pretty much do the same thing
    i need immediate relief ya know

Old 07-14-2007, 12:47 PM   #5
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User

Buspar is not addictive. Xanax is. Buspar also starts to work sooner than lexapro. Usually the doc will have you take the xanax until the buspar kicks in. If you need to up your dose of xanax you could run the risk of addiction. I take buspar and have xanax for breakthrough anxiety. Go weeks without taking any. Godbless

Old 07-14-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

yes but my question to you or anyone is then WHY TAKE THE LEXAPRO
    if ppl JUST take buspar and xanax then why cant i JUST take lex and xanax WHY add yet another med to the mix in buspar when its kinda like lex...i just dont get it
    i really dont think taking .37 of xanax a day is gonna endanger me on getting addicted

Old 07-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #7
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User

I was on Buspar awhile back and it sucked. It didn't help with anxiety like the Xanax does and it always made me feel like I had the flu. Achy and took all my energy away. Made me feel icky.

Last edited by msmod; 07-16-2007 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User

A lot of drs will put you on an antidepressant for anxiety because sometimes anxiety and depression go together. Mine did too. But I have trouble with anti's so I saw a psychiatrist who put me on buspar. I had mainly anxiety. Also most drs will not prescribe benzo's for any length of time because of the addiction factor. No one thinks they are going to get addicted. But they do. He is trying to be responsible. Godbless

Last edited by msmod; 07-16-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 AM   #9
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User

I've been on Xanax for 11 years. I have taken myself off of it on and off several times. It is hard to do, but do-able. I always keep it with me anyway as a safety net.

I am hoping to get the inner answers or courage to take the Lexapro I have looking at me, any day now, but when will that happen for me? Dunno. Some days I didn't have to take any Xanax and some days I had to take several...and some days a lot.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #10
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

EXACTLY...the other day i took NO xanax and i felt great...then yesterday i took ONE...i mean i just dont think im at the point where he would be worried bout me and THAT is why he put me on buspar...i think he just did it cause he felt the need to put me on SOMETHING...i mean family docs really dont know bout depression and anxiety so they just do what they think is right
    but only we sometimes know what is right for us
    i believe the xanax/lex combo is ok for me...and i will cont. to use that...
    i dont really have depression FIRST...my main issue is anxiety but that does cause me to get down and depressed...
    im not saying buspar doesnt work...i dont know cause i havent tried it...but what i am saying is that me taking .37 xanax a day is not a big deal to me...esp. when i can go one day without taking any...and i dont take the rec. dosage to begin with
    and ham: try the lex

Old 07-16-2007, 09:31 AM   #11
    Jenn4508
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Jenn4508 HB UserJenn4508 HB User

I have been on the Buspar and it did NOTHING for me. They have tried me on many things and are still looking for the right combo.

Alot of family docs are afraid of many of the combos. Have you tried a psychologist? They are not so afraid of the xanax combos with other things.

I have been diagnosed with bipolar and fibro so am on several meds. I am prescribed .5 xanax 3x per day but don't always take it. However, my psychologist says if I don't need the three a day I will know but if I need 4 the next day I will know that also.

Just a thought

Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #12
    zeyavia
    (female)

zeyavia HB User

its hard to get in with one right now
    did see one and all he gave me was lex...the fam doc gave me the xanax
    i agree i mean i think xanax use is ok and it gets a bad rep a lot of times

Last edited by msmod; 07-16-2007 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread