It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Zoloft (sertraline side effect?)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
    scott1360
    (male)

scott1360 HB User
    Zoloft (sertraline side effect?)

I just started taking generic Zoloft last Thursday (so far just at 25 mg). For the first few days I was pretty nauseated and still have a really dry mouth but the nausea has lessened over the week. However, starting 4 days ago I have gotten a weird pain in my two front bottom teeth that comes and goes and also a sharp, quick pain in my left chest that comes and goes at random. I note that I also have pretty bad reflux so chest pains are pretty common but not really this sharp pain in the same place, it usually moves. Im a bit worried because its close to my heart and I know I can go to the doc but I have such constant chest pains that if I ran to the doc everytime Id be there constantly. Could this be a side effect from the Sertraline? My stomach is also still messed up a little with lots of gas so maybe its gas pain? Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
    allsorts
    Inactive
    (male)

allsorts HB User
    Re: Zoloft (sertraline side effect?)

From what I have read and experienced with other anti-depressants it is pretty common. Not much you can do except wait for it to settle down, or counteract the gas and pains with some medication. Probably worth mentioning to your doctor though.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
    jules3
    Inactive
    (female)

jules3 HB User

You must take zoloft with lots of food...no kiddin...otherwise it causes stomach pain and reflux yuck.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
    scott1360
    (male)

scott1360 HB User

The gas pain and stuff has settled down but its so weird but my teeth still hurt at times (lower left side). Has this happened to anyone on zoloft?

Old 07-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
    ittal
    Veteran
    (female)

ittal HB User

Zoloft makes you more 'aggressive' (read, hyper) for the first few weeks. The pain could simply be an increase in blood pressure from your body acclimating. It could also be completely unrelated.

I've been on-off Zoloft 3 times now, and these are the symptoms I've experienced (and they've pretty much all gone away)
    First 2 weeks : Terrible stomach pains. According to my doc, the probable cause is a reaction in the liver, as that is where Zoloft is metabolized.
    First 2 weeks : Almost manic-depressive symptoms. I would get super wound up, then crash. It didn't matter when or where, I would have to sleep. I remember pulling over and swapping places with my mother so she could drive me and my kids home. I just couldn't stay awake a minute longer.
    First month : Increased migraines.
    2 weeks to 6 weeks : Insomnia
    Ongoing : Random drowsiness. Strange reactions to foods. More weepy. Appetite swings.

It's all a little funky, but it was a good trade off for me. It's worked wonders is helping me keep my tolerance level even.

Closed Thread