It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Please Need Help With Klonopin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #1
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User
    Please Need Help With Klonopin

Hi everyone. My doctor recently put me on klonopin 0.5 mg (take 2 at night). The first week it worked great. My main issue is sleeping but I think it is from my anxiety. Lately it is still working but I notice I wake up arond 5 am or even 4 am. Or if my little boy wakes up I put him back to bed but cannot get back to sleep. Does this work better on an empty stomach? I used to take ambien and that worked best for me on an empty stomach. I have greatly cut down on sodas, caffeine, etc and try to exercise so please give me some input. I need it!!thanks. The doctor also said after a few months he would see if I needed to take it during the day, etc. but it has only been a few weeks so I hope to not to have to go back to the doctor just yet!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
    spurs279
    (male)

spurs279 HB User
    Re: Please Need Help With Klonopin

Well I don't know how to solve your problem but I'm experiencing the same thing. Since I've been taking it I wake up hours before I usually do and can't get back to sleep. Some of the days it's a good thing but other times it's way too early. Typically I can sleep in as late as I want so this is pretty strange for me.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
    shmeeadiggle
    (female)

shmeeadiggle HB User

maybe you need to take a bit more <before> <going> to bed. of course you need to talk to your docter about it. im not on it myself but my friend is and he also takes ambian with it. it works great for him and maybe you too need that combo.

Last edited by msmod; 10-01-2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room words with the proper words. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
    j2006
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

j2006 HB User

Klonopin worked better for me when I took a small dose .25 in the morning or afternoon and then .5 at night.

So it may be something to talk to your doctor's about.

Last edited by j2006; 10-01-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

I've been taking Klonopin on occasion for some time now. I don't know about you, but it gives me horrible indigestion and that's not on an empty stomach. I would not suggest taking it on an empty stomach for that reason, but maybe it's just me. I'm out of ambien, which I do not take nightly, and have replaced it with the Klonopin. Same thing - waking up between 4:30 & 5:00am no matter what time I go to bed - usually around midnight. I'm hoping my dr will refill the ambien because I'm at work right now and have yawned about 20 times in the past 15 minutes. Drinking coffee and hoping I get over this horrible urge to sleep. I know both ambien and Klonopin are addictive but have been an insomniac all my life. My main addiction is to pain pills which I'm proud to say I have been without for over a month now.
    Best wishes,

JB

Old 10-01-2007, 01:46 PM   #6
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User

Granny, Is it ok to take ambien and klonopin together? I know another person said they took it together but I am kind of scared to do that. I know I will ask my doctor. I didn't like the ativan and he said definately do not take klonopin and ativan together so I was wondering about the ambien and klonopin. I know both are addicting but I have high anxiety and need something. I have tried the herbal route that did not help. I feel the klonopin is helping. I have alot of ambien because in the beginning that is all they would give me and I never used it every night!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #7
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User

oh and granny o that is great you are kicking the pain pill addiction!!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #8
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

Melanie, I have taken ambien and Klonopin together, but I'm not really a good person to ask. I've also taken pain pills with both of them. I never had any problems but I don't think I should be suggesting you take them together. The Klonopin makes me very sleepy sometimes but if I'm wired over something, upset or distressed, it takes alot to knock me out. Since your dr has prescribed both to you, maybe you should give dr a call and ask?
    JB

Old 10-02-2007, 04:10 AM   #9
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User

thank you! That is pretty much me. When I am really wired and tired and upset as when my 18 year old son moved out I slept bad even with the klonopin now that things are settling down and I feel more myself and normal the klonopin helps. I am just worried about getting addicted but I am doing what the doctor says and believe me I need some form of medicine with my high anxiety. I guess just trust in the doctor. He is young and knows what he is doing but thank you for your reply!! I will wait and ask my doctor that is the smart thing to do! Have a good day

Closed Thread