It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Need feedback from Lexapro users!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
    Luvmydog
    (female)

Luvmydog HB User
    Need feedback from Lexapro users!

Could any of you Lexapro users let me know what dosage is working for anxiety? Also, do you believe that Lexapro is a good choice for anxiety? Could you please tell me when you take your dose and do any of you split dose (morning/evening?) Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
    anxiousgirl27
    (female)

anxiousgirl27 HB User
    Re: Need feedback from Lexapro users!

Lexapro diddnt seem to work for me personally But i have tried over 10 diffrent types of antidepressents that also did not work. diffrent meds work diffrently for each person
    Im on clonopin for anxiety it does help

Old 11-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
    leeroy50
    (female)

leeroy50 HB User

I take 10mg of Lexapro and have been since June. The only side effect I had was I was so sleepy the first weeks, but I felt 100% better the day I started the medicine. I take it about 6pm. I have not gained a pound of weight. I started taking it for anxiety. This medicine has changed my life. I didn't realize how much I let anxiety take over without even knowing.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:40 PM   #4
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User

I took 10mg of lexapro for 3 weeks. It made me jittery and my blood pressure soared. The good thing is that I lost 9 pounds. Then I switched to celexa which is an older form of lexapro and is more sedating. I am only on 10mg but it has helped my depression. It makes me more tired than I like. But I can deal with that. Godbless

Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #5
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

For me Paxil worked best for anxiety. I've been on Lexapro for almost 6 weeks for depression. The Paxil worked better for the anxiety. The Lexaro is working better for the depression, but the anxiety is worse. If I were suffering from anxiety only, I'd recommend Paxil.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
    mrtallman
    (female)

mrtallman HB User

I have been taking 10 mg of Lexapro for a couple months now. I am really sensitive to medications so I have side effects with pretty much everything (yay) but Lexapro has actually helped me. I've experienced less side effects then any other AD I've tried, and it's helped my anxiety. My anxiety has begun to return, as I've found with all the other meds I've tried. I'm getting ready to start Wellbutrin with the Lexapro next week so hopefully I will feel better. But all in all, Lexapro has been one of my favorites.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:43 AM   #7
    Worry wart
    (male)

Worry wart HB User

Gotta be honest..Lexapro is by far the worst thing I've ever tried in my life..I thought it was suppose to help anxiety, however, it made my anxiety 10 times worse..I wasn't able to do my job (Inability to focus/nervous/jittery/etc). I was on it for 8 weeks and couldn't get off it fast enough..I will say, getting off the stuff is ALOT easier then getting on it (don't be afraid of the withdrawl nightmares, not true)..If you choose to stop taking it, cut your pills in 1/2 the 1st week, 1/4 the 2nd week, 1/4 of a pill every other day on week 3. I was all paniced about getting off the crap and it really went well. Also, BE SURE TO TAKE ABOUT 8 FISH OIL PILLS EVERYDAY WHILE YOU'RE TAPERING OFF (PREFERABLY HIGH IN EPA).. This stops the head buzzing you get from the withdrawl (it really works). I also noticed that if you exercise (get your heart rate up) you feel so much better, for at least 4 or 5 hours afterwards..

Closed Thread