It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• tingling in head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
    erika74
    (female)

erika74 HB User
    tingling in head

Hi I was wondering if anyone ever gets tingling in their head. I have been getting it on my left side all day off and on for about a month. I had a cat scan and they didn't find anything. any opinions. thanks, erika

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
    nanzy23
    (female)

nanzy23 HB User
    Re: tingling in head

Hi - this has happened to me on and off as well. I also went for cat scans and nothing. I assume its just one of the many side affects of anxiety unfortunately.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
    jakez28
    (male)

jakez28 HB User

Hi

This could definitely be due to anxiety. Do you suffer from panic attacks? I also sometime get a tingling in my head as well as on the extremities of my toes and fingers. It could also be due to muscle spasms in your head, making it feel like a tingling rather than pain. The tingling in fingers and toes is due to a loss of oxygen to these parts, because your body directs more blood to your muscles where it is more needed.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
    Tim 007
    (male)

Tim 007 HB User

I agree with the last post. Anxiety causes the body to pool the blood to the core and the head(to give vitals more oxygen), which could cause tingling and numbness. The only thing that seems a little weird is why it would be on only one side of your head. If they didn't find anything on your scans, that's very comforting =]
    Also, if you can speak a clear sentence, raise both of your arms up in front at head level, and remember all your basic info you shouldn't be suffering a stroke.

Closed Thread