It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Pulsatile Tinnitus....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
    notheroic
    (male)

notheroic HB User
    Unhappy Pulsatile Tinnitus....

I've had this pulsating on the left side of my neck since probably as long as I've been diagnosed with GAD. Combined with the random pains on my head and stiffness in my neck and shoulders, needless to say, it scares the hell out of me. Being as I'm only 23, I want to believe it's nothing serious like narrowing arteries or whatever(the serious causes of PT). Again, being as I'm young, I've never got it checked out with the fear that I would not be taken seriously, which is unfortunate in this day and age.

I'm not sure what to do...Should I go and get things checked out anyways? I mean, I also have really annoying back pain/stiff back anyways, as the meds have altered my bowels aka constipation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
    SquishSquish
    (female)

SquishSquish HB User
    Re: Pulsatile Tinnitus....

I'm sorry.. the muscle stiffness is a part of anxiety, so that shouldn't scare you.. Try acupuncture or a heatwrap thing? Or try using those muscles more.. Or get a massage? There are lots of ways to relieve muscle tension. As for the pulsating thing, that sounds not normal. You should probably go get checked out.. And if you think they don't care, try going to another doctor..if you can. It can be really annoying..going to different doctors and getting all these tests..but it can mean a lot in the end.

Closed Thread