It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Heart Anxiety and Meds - Advice or help please :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #1
    blu3crayon
    (male)

blu3crayon HB User
    Exclamation Heart Anxiety and Meds - Advice or help please :(

Hello everyone I am looking for any help or advice. ( I am 22 185 lbs nearly 6ft tall)

My story-

After shoveling a bit of snow in march of 07 I was argueing over something stupid with my father , I started feeling really hot then my heart started pounding it was reaching like 170 bpm.. I took about 2-3 hours for things to get back down to normal.

Then after that episode similiar ones followed in the weeks after - I went to my Doctor. Now I had just been in for my Check up January 9th. and I had AN ekg taken and you know all the usual stuff you get at your checked up I had them mail me a copy of the EKG from then {REMOVED}

But I told her everything I experienced ( she has known about my anxiety since I was 18 )She had the nurse use a pulse machine to take my pulse which was 103 then my bp which was like 145/97 it has been higher lol. She then proceeded to listen to my heart from of the chest and back for about 4 minutes - Then she asked if I had any questions on medications and I asked about a battery of things to be honest ) And we decided to try a Beta blocker - I started metoprolol 12.5 mg April 1st along with a xanax increase (the beta b locker is breaking the 25 mg pill in half and taking it once a day) And for awhile my heart rate was in the 60's but lately its back up to the high 80's to about 100 at times. Which is scaring me even more because I get this leaping feelings in my chest sometimes you know just to add to the problem

But I am curious if anyone knows anything about beta blockers or the one im taking .. is my body getting to used to it? should I be worried about another problem? should I stop worrying because im a basketcase? Basically any opinion or advice on ANYTHING I said would be a great help to me And does your body build up a tolerance to metoprolol?

Last edited by blu3crayon; 02-17-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Please don't post links to pictures, reports, x-rays etc. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
    -Todd-
    (male)

-Todd- HB User
    Re: Heart Anxiety and Meds - Advice or help please :(

I take Propanolol for panic attacks/rapid heart beat etc. Since i've been taking them the dosage has remained the same. I used to take 2 a day, or as needed. But I hardly ever take them now, maybe once or twice a week. I think the main thing that helped me with my anxiety was the anti depressant that im now using. I believe the anti depressant has helped my anxiety greatly, and instead of having a racing heart everyday its now few and far between, so I hardly ever need to take a beta blocker.

Closed Thread