It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Fuzzy Feeling

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
luckysky18
(female)

luckysky18 HB User
Fuzzy Feeling

I always feel "fuzzy" "foggy." I can't describe it any other way. It's like, I'm here, but not. Like a drugged feeling. I feel like it's a tumor or something (of course), but I've had MRI's and other tests done. Nothing. Could this feeling really just be mental??? I just don't see how! And it's affecting my memory since I'm always in this fuzzy state, I can never remember anything. I feel like I'm losing my mind! HELLLLPPP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
JB327
Inactive
(male)

JB327 HB User
Re: Fuzzy Feeling

Do you feel like it's an "out of body" experience, kinda like you're watching yourself? If so that's one of the many symptoms of panic attacks...

Is there anything else that goes on, such as "racing thoughts", heart flutter, sweating, etc? Different people generally have one constant symptom like the "fuzzy" feeling, but the rest varies...

Old 02-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #3
j2006
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

It is anxiety. I have had "brain fog" for a long time. It is sometimes called derealization. Are you taking medication or getting therapy?

Old 02-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
joebloggs2
Veteran
(male)

joebloggs2 HB Userjoebloggs2 HB User

When I think too much, I become withdrawn and go into my own little world (in my head). I also become easily distracted and can barely hold my attention on what I'm doing. I don't notice how much time passes, but a lot of times people think I ignore them, because I've just been sitting with them not saying a word for 20 minutes, but in my head I'm so involved in my thoughts and ideas

Time is non-existent, and neither is the external world.. until the guy behind me honks because the light's been green for awhile.

I think, worry, obsess, calculate, fantasize, etc.. brain feels out of my control. Not sure if that's the type of fuzzy/fog feeling you have, but what I have is anxiety.

See a therapist. Try meds, exercise, a diet, keeping a strict schedule, family/friends/relationships/etc..

Old 03-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
luckysky18
(female)

luckysky18 HB User

I definitely have panic attacks...but this "fuzzy feeling"...it's EVERY DAY...for 3 years. Every day. I have been on Prozac, Lexapro, and now Effexor for a few years now. I also take Ativan for panic attacks. Yeah...the fuzzy feeling is sort of like an out of body thing. I just don't get it though...the thing that makes me most depressed is feeling this way! Is it not physical? I really just don't see how it isn't!

Old 03-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
JB327
Inactive
(male)

JB327 HB User

Anxiety can cause so many problems.. It can make you feel like you're having a heart attack, trouble breathing, swallowing, etc. Even if Physically you are ok.. It's really awful to have, and so many times you're convinced it's physical, I've been to the Dr. a TON for problems, and all ruled out to be anxiety..

Old 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
DanaP
(female)

DanaP HB User
Question Re: Fuzzy Feeling

Hi,
luckysky would you describe this feeling
as more of a " fuzzy " feeling or more of a Lightheaded/dizzy feeling?

Old 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
luckysky18
(female)

luckysky18 HB User

It's more of a foggy fuzzy feeling, though sometimes I do get dizzy. But what I'm talking about in my everyday life is feeling fuzzy...drugged like.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:10 AM   #9
j2006
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I have had the same thing for a long time. It is part of anxiety and/or depression.

I have been on zoloft and it is helping a bit but most importantly you should be in some type of CBT.

Try to relax - it won't harm - it is only anxiety.

If you have any questions let me know. I have tried everything!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
ssMarilyn
Inactive
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User

Lucky, I don't agree with the ones that say it's anxiety. I have the extreme brain fog too....and I don't have anxiety. I have HAD anxiety, and used to call myself the panic attack queen, but after they got my thyroid straightened out, the panic and anxiety stopped. What I have now is totally different. When I had anxiety, I would have the out of body sensation, but never had the brain fog. Now I have the brain fog so bad that I feel I'm on another planet sometimes. For some it might be a low thyroid, and for others it might be 'estrogen starvation' of the brain, a symptom of peri-menopause. When we are in peri-menopause, (which can start in our 30's) they say it's just like coming off a drug addiction and we suffer many of the same symptoms....extreme brain fog being one of them. Mine comes and goes, so it has to have something to do with hormones. This time I've had it longer than usual, so am hoping it is the last big hurrah before menopause is here to stay! Menopause just means that peri-menopause is over. Okay, now tell me you're a guy and I am really out in left-field with my diagnosis!

Hang tough, because you can handle this just fine! (and remind yourself that others are experiencing the same thing)

Old 03-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #11
j2006
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

It is a sign of some sort of anxiety and or depression. It very well could be hormones. But I had mine checked over and over and they are fine.

I do not suffer from Panic attacks or anxiety anymore but I am left with this "fog". It really is awful. It is almost like I am shutting out some sort of "thing" that has happened. I just don;t know what yet.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #12
luckysky18
(female)

luckysky18 HB User

I'm only 27, though...so I'm not sure about the peri-menopause thing...my thyroid is a bit underactive, but I'm not sure it's so bad that it would cause this brain fog...

Old 03-09-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
ssMarilyn
Inactive
(female)

Last night I did some research online and ran across several sites that talk about artificial sweetners causing symptoms such as this, and I realized that my extreme fog settled in about a week ago, right after I started drinking alot of green tea, with Splenda, and eating alot of Activia, which contains sucralose, and sugar-free chocolate pudding, and then those sugar-free ice cream cups from the Schwans dude. I am consuming a whole lot of artificial sweetners. So.....I decided to stop them all today and see if my fog clears up in the next week or so. If it does, I'll go back on the artificially sweetened stuff and see if the fog comes back. Then I'll know if it's from what I'm eating. I know it's not anxiety because I feel great, have a wonderful life and am very happy. When I had anxiety I felt horrible beyond description. That's not the case at this time.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #14
ssMarilyn
Inactive
(female)

This is my second day without using any artificial sweetners and I feel so much better mentally. Can't wait til the end of the week to see what shape I'm in then. If I feel mentally clear, I'll go back on the sweetners and see if the fog comes back.

Closed Thread