It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Could i have huntington's disease

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #1
    jbintliff
    (male)

jbintliff HB User
    Could i have huntington's disease

Hey im 17 and i have anxiety for about 4 months..now recently found out about Huntington's diseas and im afraid of getting it...<I DON'T KNOW>why? But sometimes my legs and arms twitch and i have had obsessive thoughts...now no one my family has ever had this disease...could i get it...thoughts, i have never had these obsesssive thoughts ether until i had anxiety

Last edited by msmod; 04-19-2008 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room words with the proper words. Please follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #2
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
    Re: Could i have huntington's disease

What makes you think you have Huntingdons disease.?

Your symptoms could be a million other things. Dont go looking for information on Huntingdons online, as in my experience you will have every symptom going.

If your not feeling right go to the Doctor and get a thorough check up, and talk to him about your health anxieties. Let him decide what wrong with you, dont try and second guess yourself, all it does is makes you worried and miserable. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
    mary63
    (female)

mary63 HB Usermary63 HB User

hi there- sorry that you are feeling anxious and worried....i am sure you dont have HUntingtons- i don't even think symptoms appear until a person is much much older but i am not a doctor. The twitches are what we get when we are very anxious- even if we don't realize it....your body is full of "fight and flight" hormones such as adrenaline- if makes us super jumpy and twitchy. Anxiety also makes you extremely sensitive to what your body is doing...other people get such things eg skipped heart beats but barely notice- for us its a major catastrophe about to happen- Getting some help and counselling to get out of this would be really helpful- otherwise you just go from thinking you have one illness to the next- and it just takes up your life ( i know)All the best!

Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
    bestbrazilian
    (female)

bestbrazilian HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jbintliff View Post
    Hey im 17 and i have anxiety for about 4 months..now recently found out about Huntington's diseas and im afraid of getting it...<I DON'T KNOW>why? But sometimes my legs and arms twitch and i have had obsessive thoughts...now no one my family has ever had this disease...could i get it...thoughts, i have never had these obsesssive thoughts ether until i had anxiety
    OK, I can put your mind at rest. Huntingtons disease is inherited and only one parent needs to have the defective gene. Every child of a gene positive individual has a 50/50 chance of inheriting the disease. If you do inherit the disease you will get the illness. Huntington's disease does not occur in families without a history. If you have no Huntington's disease in your family, you cannot possibly have the illness. You have stated that no one in your family has the disease, so you cannot have it! BTW, I know what I am talking about as my grandmother and her 2 sisters died from the disease. Thankfully my father and his brother did not inherit it, so the line has now stopped in our family.

Closed Thread