It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• This Anxiety Is Almost Too Much To Deal With Sometimes!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
    DesertFox
    (female)

DesertFox HB User
    This Anxiety Is Almost Too Much To Deal With Sometimes!

Hi everyone, recently I've been diagnosed with having anxiety/depression, but moreso extreme anxiety! It's been to the point where I don't really leave my house unless I have to and it's difficult to be in certain areas of my own house! I've been to see a psychiatrist and am currently getting treated for this, however she hasn't prescribed any meds just yet (because i've only had 1 session so far).

Anyway it's really difficult to talk about this and i've read some other threads on this topic and it really did feel good that i'm not going through this alone, and that i'm NOT crazy and other people understand!

My symptoms are quite similar to some of the ones i've read, such as extreme nervousness, sometimes heart palpatations, but my main symptoms are extreme dizziness also as in i'm about to pass out, lightheadedness and flushing. Also the sense of disassociation...that has to be one of the strangest, and the feeling of vertigo and losing control. I've also had the temporary paralysis thing (once). I've had test after test and everything is normal to excellent <BY THE WAY>...so nothing physical.

Anyway what i'd really like to know is how do you deal with your anxiety attacks or extreme nervousness????? What do you do when you feel this way?? To make yourself better. Thank you so much for any imput

Last edited by msmod; 04-29-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Please always use whole words in your posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
    MYSISSYGIRLS
    Veteran
    (female)

MYSISSYGIRLS HB User
    Re: This Anxiety Is Almost Too Much To Deal With Sometimes!

Hi,
    I am so sorry to hear what you are going through as I have been through it myself. I can relate to all of your symptoms except the paralysis. If mine is not real severe I would walk and get rid of some of the nervous energy but if it got so out of control which it did this year i do have to take medication. I am currently on paxil and xanax. I feel so much better. When i first started the paxil on april 4th i did go through 2 weeks of extreme anxiety and thought i was losing my mind, sometimes that will happen to poeple but the side affects do go away and the medicine does start to work. I have also spent 2 years in counseling and that helped me alot. I think when you get to a point when it is confining you and your quality of life is non existant that i would rather take the medicine and feel good and enjoy life. this is my 3rd round on meds in 8 years. since the anxiety comes back regularly i have decided to stay on the meds for good long time.
    I wish you luck and keep posting here it really has helped me.
    tami

Closed Thread