It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Help muscle twitching I think???? Please Help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
    daisy2170
    (female)

daisy2170 HB User
    Help muscle twitching I think???? Please Help

Hi I have anxiety and panic disorder and they have also told me that I have Fibromyalgia too but and I do get muscle twitching from time to time but I never really pay attention to it until today we were at the grocery store and all of the sudden I felt what I think was a twitch in my neck right by my upper gland underneath my jaw and it felt like a hard pulse and then it went away after about a minute....I took my pulse during that thinking that it was my pulse but it felt normal I guess my question is can a muscle twitch or spasm feel like a pulse? And is it weird it was in my upper neck? And had it been my pulse or my heart wouldn't I have felt that in my chest? I am so worried it was my pulse and that something is wrong any advice would be great thank you so much I am so worried about it

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
    negot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User
    Re: Help muscle twitching I think???? Please Help

You probably should see a doctor just to be on the safe side. But, I have muscle twitching too, due to stress. My twitching is usually in my chin and eye lids or under my eyes. Stress can cause so many symptoms.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
    daisy2170
    (female)

daisy2170 HB User

Thank you so much I feel like I have seen so many doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me and they keep telling me it's Fibromyalgia but I still just feel worried all the time can a muscle twitch or spasm feel like a pulse? That's what scared me

Thank you so much

Old 09-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Dear Daisy hi! I have posted ALOT on the subject of muscle twitching. I have had this on and off for a year. I get mine all over my body and I notice them more when sitting still, like watching TV. I became very worried and saw a neurologist. Went through the first couple of muscle testing. They found nothing wrong. She asked me if I took Sudefed for my allergies. I said yes. She had me stop and I went off of it for 2 months and they went away. Now I just know if I take Sudefed I may get the twitches again. Try not to worry. It's always good to see your doctor as each one of us is different but just know twitches are common. Expecially if you are tired.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
    negot
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

negot HB Usernegot HB User

Daisy, my facial twitching I would describe like pulsing. I've had it occasionally in other body parts, but it is most frequent in my face. A lot of times it is visible. When I look at myself in the mirror, I can clearly see my chin moving. Good luck to you and try not to worry which I know is easier said than done.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
    violet312s
    (female)

violet312s HB User

Twitching is common. I get it when I'm stressed and or haven't slept well (or enough). Also can be from too much caffeine.

My twitches were under eye-lid as well. I've been caffeine free for two years but the ever escalating anxiety disorder didn't help with that much Now that things are better I get them less.

Oh, and I've gone from checking my pulse several times a day to rarely ever. You can stop with that pulse-checking although I know it's really hard.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Man that sounds just like me....checking my pulse, and that caffeine thing... ya you are right. I do believe that causes twitches too.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #8
    daisy2170
    (female)

daisy2170 HB User

Thank you all so much!!!! You have made me feel so much better I have been so worried about everything I am feeling I have so much going on and so many different symptoms it's so hard for me to say it's all anxiety because I feel like it's something else but I am going to go to the Doctor again and see about getting more tests just to be on the safe side

Thank you all again so much!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 AM   #9
    StephRabin
    (female)

StephRabin HB User

daisy somthing that has helped me with the muscle twitching is magnesium supplements. I had a baby 8 months ago and was found to be deficient in iron, b12 and magnesium. Cant hurt to give it a try...

Old 10-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #10
    Agenias
    (female)

Agenias HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Help muscle twitching I think???? Please Help

Daisy,
    If you are having muscle twitches, anxiety AND have been told you have fibro, you need to find a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor.

For YEARS, I had anxiety/panic and weird body symptoms that I just attributed to the anxiety. When I was 17, I got really sick with this 'flu' in July. I had been an active teen, in many sports, social events, ect. I recovered and tried to go on with my life, but kept getting weaker. Then the panic attacks started and brain fog, difficulty remembering things. I went to many doctors, one said I had mono and another year went by with NO improvement, in fact I had gotten worse. Then a doc said I had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as I was sleeping a lot. That was in 1997 when I was 19 years old. Now I am 29, and was JUST diagnosed with Chronic Lyme Disease.

Many people who have MS, ALS and Fibro test positive for Lyme.

Muscle twitches are a HUGE symptom of Lyme, also pain, although I don't have a lot of pain, mine is lots of cognitive issues and generalized muscle weakness.

If you truly feel that something is wrong (like I did for years), please consider finding a LLMD.

Take care!

Old 10-30-2008, 01:11 AM   #11
    nightowl68
    (female)

nightowl68 HB User

Hope I'm not interfering. But I too have these muscle twitches and sometimes nowadays out of the blue violent head moving forward once or so while laying in bed...or a leg all sudden raises up as if to kick someone, lol.
    Otherwise...day in and day out....mostly when still I have twitching,
    jerking, and tick like weirdness.
    I first noticed it after I quit drinking in 2004. I thought it was part of becoming sober, which I overcame greatly, except those twitches when still.
    La la la.... Now I'm on meds for anxiety and depression...and they are almost
    constant now. Even my shoulder raises for a sec. I'm afraid it's going to get worse to where I have these "kicks" and weird muscle movements in public, LOL.
    I hope it's just Anxiety related, but I even get those when I'm totally relaxed.
    Well whatever it is...it sure is a mystery to me.
    But more or likely it's Anxiety if we realize it or not.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #12
    wolfpup
    (female)

wolfpup HB User

nightowl- my twitching is very close to what you described. a sudden jerk every now and then.

sometimes the twitching fast and i would swear that my cell phone was vibrating in my pocket or something.

Closed Thread