It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dizziness and Anxiety-

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
    Ashley9045
    Veteran
    (female)

Ashley9045 HB UserAshley9045 HB User
    Dizziness and Anxiety-

Can anyone speak out regarding their anxiety, feeling dizzy and off balance as a regular occurrance? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #2
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User
    Re: Dizziness and Anxiety-

Absolutely! I have had this on and off through the years and I hate it. I will feel dizzy and off-balance like I'm going to fall over although I never have. I've had brain scans and things were normal.I know this sounds crazy, but try this, stand on one foot and close your eyes and you will find that you're standing still and really not "off-balance" although it sure feels this way. It's a little peace of mind that you're really ok. I guess it's just one of those little annoying things with anxiety. Hang in there.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User

i have suffered from dizziness/off balance feeling for about 8 years now and im only 26! i've never gotten a good answer from a doctor ever about this. they all think its something different. one thought it was an inner ear infection, one thought it was low blood pressure, one thought it was sinus problems, one thought it was allergies, one thought it was just stress, and the list goes on and on. i do know this. i have had it for 8 years. i am still here. still breathing. still living. all my blood work/health tests have been 100% perfect. aside from my anxiety/depression i have no health problems whatsoever. i really think it can just be chalked up to anxiety. im sure allergies/sinus problems/headaches have something to do with it but i know its a MAJOR side effect from anxiety. and since im anxious almost all of the time i know that has to attribute for some of this. good luck! i really hope you feel better soon!

Old 09-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
    mandi77
    (female)

mandi77 HB User

wow!!! this sounds a lot like me. ive wondered if it was anxiety related. it started like 6 years ago. i had one bout of vertigo. after that it was something that occurred once every few months and now its at least once a month and sometimes more. id have sinus and allergie problems. the times ive gone to the doc for it he said it was labrynthitis. i do have sensetive ears but this really sucks. how long does your off balance/dizziness last? is it like vertigo?

Last edited by msmod; 09-28-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote. Ms_Mod

Old 10-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #5
    richard1971
    (male)

richard1971 HB User

Same here mandi i have rhinitis and i dont know whether its that or anxiety that makes me feel off balace. Like you i got it every now and then but its come on in abundance over the last 2-3 months, so much ive been put on beta blockers but i do know my rhinitis has a lot to do with it as i have headaches and blocked ears all the time.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #6
    emmablue13
    (female)

emmablue13 HB User

I had the same thing. However, once I got on the correct medication it all changed. It was amazing. My dr told me it was anxiety related and she was right. It's amazing what anxiety can do to your body.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
    rross9000
    (male)

rross9000 HB User

This is a lot more common than you would think, this happens to me every couple months or so, it will stay with me for a week or two. I remember the first time it happened, i thought for sure it was the end for me. As you can tell, I'm still here. I have had Doctors tell me it was a lot of different things, but it always came back to my anxiety. Feeling dizzy, light-headed and off balance are just couple of ways anxiety can manifest itself. Focus on the fact that it really is just anxiety and this will keep you from panicking and thinking its something physical and serious.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 AM   #8
    Ashley9045
    Veteran
    (female)

Boy, is this true. Anxiety can create many physical symptoms. The dizziness and off balance is sure one of them.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #9
    rene1111
    (female)

rene1111 HB User

emma which medicine finally worked for you if you do not mind my asking??

Old 10-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
    Ashley9045
    Veteran
    (female)

I would like to know too which medicine helped!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
    calidreaming
    Veteran
    (female)

calidreaming HB User

ive had chronic sinus problems and anxiety for years. i almost think they are co dependent! it can be very alarming when your face is pressured and your ears are popping.

the only think when i get a bad bout of dizzyness is to lie down. and do some deep breathing. Like another poster had said, its happened for years...and i am still here. So i worry more about not letting my anxiety get out of hand when I am dizzy more than anything!

Closed Thread