It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• xanax success stories

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
    kkww40
    (female)

kkww40 HB User
    xanax success stories

Well I have been taking xanax for about 5 years. 0.5 mg once or twice daily. It has helped tremendously with my anxiety, sleep, work...life in general. Every so often I go into these modes where I think I'm the only person in the world who needs this daily. Recently my psych wanted to put me on Lamictal with the xanax. She told me to "think about it". Well when I go back I am going to say no. As I read side effects of lamictal and they are stomach issues and sleeping. The very two things that xanax helps me with. Anyways can anyone help with success stories so I don't feel so guilty about taking this medication which has helped me so greatly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
    lizzifer
    (female)

lizzifer HB User
    Re: xanax success stories

For me, Xanax has been a godsend and I don't think it's anything you should feel bad about. Like you, I take only a small amount on a near-daily, as-needed basis. I've had doctors put me on SSRI's (Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, etc.), but I never stayed on them because the side effects were just awful, and they always made my anxiety much worse.

If Xanax works for you, there's no reason for you to feel guilty

Old 10-23-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
    mizzaj
    (female)

mizzaj HB User

I agree....if it works for you, then you shouldn't feel bad about taking it. Just be glad that there's something out there that works for you! I think I'm going to start a separate thread about Klonopin success stories....

Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
    llovell67
    (female)

llovell67 HB User

I have been on .5 mg of xanax for about 5 years as well. The prescription says to take twice a day, but I have never followed that. I take it as-needed, so sometimes that is once, twice, or not at all. While I find that this is the best for me (I've tried other things but the side effects were horrid), I find that my doc is hesitant to continue prescribing it for me. Inevitably, I find myself thinking twice if I need one or not to 'save' them in case she doesn't let me refill my prescription.

Good luck to all!

Last edited by msmod; 10-23-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Removed part of post that's not in response to the thread starters question. Ms_Mod

Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
    MichelleFL
    (female)

MichelleFL HB User
    Smile Re: xanax success stories

I take the generic Xanax as well when I need it and am at my worst. But first my new doctor says he does not prescribe it because he says there are much better medications out there to control anxiety. Well I have been on a few and other than getting sick to my stomach, shaky, tired all day they have not worked for me and Xanax has. Well recently my low dose self prescribe as I need it Xanax is not working for me anymore as my symptoms have greatly increased. So I will give this new doctor a chance.. Maybe there is something that will work. Hopefully.. But if it works for you, I would say stick with it. We are all individual and not some standard mold they put us all in..

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Read all of the "sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Old 10-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
    Paully75
    (male)

Paully75 HB User

Ive had a perscription for about 10 years or so. It works GREAT!!!! This stuff has saved me from going to the hospital MANY times because of panic attacks. My doctor perscribes 60 1mg pills. I take as needed and I dont take the whole pill. I just bite off what I feel I need to kill the panic attack. I take it maybe once every month. The bottle lasts me a very long time

Closed Thread