It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Klonopin Success Stories

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #1
    mizzaj
    (female)

mizzaj HB User
    Klonopin Success Stories

I've been on a daily dose of Klonopin for about a year and a half now in combination with an SSRI (first Prozac, then Lexapro).

I've started to notice that my body is becoming tolerant to the dose that I take. Believe me, I wanted to take it only "as needed", but there was a period in time where "as needed" was every day, and soon it became part of my daily routine. I was taking 1 mg. Now I am taking 1.5mg. And I can't even tell if it's helping that much. It feels like I have to take that amount just to be at a normal state-- rather than taking it and feeling the anxiety recede.

What kinds of successes have those of you on klonopin had? Has anyone had success in cutting down their dose and NOT having the anxiety come raging back? How have you dealt with the effects of the body quickly tolerating to it? (I don't want to keep taking more and more-- it scares me that at one time .5mg would do it, and now I can take 1.5mg and I barely blink).

Any advice, stories, etc are appreciated.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
    SD83
    (male)

SD83 HB User
    Re: Klonopin Success Stories

I've only been on klono for a short amount of time. The doctors intentionally screwed with me on my medication, though. They gave me 20 pills and said to take 3 a day. That was only good for a 6 2/3 day supply. After that they didn't refill it. Then I went again, same thing happened. Given 20, take 3 a day, run out, no refill.

It has had negative effects on me, but only because of how the doctors are regulating it within my system. When I take the recommended dosage, I actually do feel benefits from it, but I can't ever stay on it for long enough to really notice the difference. At the same time, when I run out of pills, I do feel the withdrawal from it, not craving the drug, but my mind craving sanity.

I don't know why the doctors told me to take 3 a day in the first place, but lucky for me, the last doc I visited was kind enough to give me 40 to last a month. Instead of listening to the recommended dosage, I only take 1 as needed. Its so weak and hasn't built up into my system, but I am giving a shot.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
    mizzaj
    (female)

mizzaj HB User

That is interesting that your docs would tell you to take 3 pills a day but never gave you enough refills! I'm glad you found a doc now that gave you a decent supply. What dose did they give you? Klonopin stays in the body a while, so I'm surprised that they'd want you to take 3 a day.

When I first started taking klonopin, I took .5mg as needed. It seemd to work great. I felt relaxed in no time. Then I reached a point where I needed more because I reached a very anxious point due to some undiangosed/unresolved health problems. I begged my psychiatrist to give me a prescription for 1mg, and she grudginly gave in. For about the next year, i was on 1mg/day.

Now I'm seeing a new psychiatrist. I told her that I didn't feel that 1mg was helping anymore, so she said I could take 1.5mg. Even that doesn't seem to produce the calm feeling it once did, but who knows, maybe I'd be much more anxious without it? All I know is that I miss the calm sensation I used to be able to count on when I took the klonopin as needed. But I'm scared to do that now. If anything, I could see how I get along on 1mg a day again, and then take the extra .5mg if I'm really anxious...I believe klonopin is helpful, but the body tolerates to it very quickly.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
    superstressed
    (female)

superstressed HB User

I take klonopin (2mg, 1mg, 2mg) 3x's a day. I had a very high pulse and really bad anxiety attacks. The klonopin seems to relax me too much during the day when I need to focus at work. I've tried smaller doses, but they didn't help. Too bad I can't quit my job. That would decrease my anxiety a ton.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
    flyer99
    (male)

flyer99 HB User

I have been on klonopin for years. I have been on the same dosage for years, which is 0.5 mg 3 times a day and I can take more if I get really anxious on an as needed basis. My anxiety is still with me so I may ask my doctor if I need to take more or switch to something else. Although I probably wouldn't take anything else as I'm scared to take new pills. Klonopin has been a lifesaver for me over the years, however perhaps my body has become tolerated to this small dosage over time. My doctor and my pharmacist both say that this is a very small dosage so maybe I will talk with my doc in a couple of weeks.

Closed Thread