It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dizziness from Anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #1
    Busker1
    Inactive
    (male)

Busker1 HB User
    Cool Dizziness from Anxiety

Hello, I'm new to this but hoping to hear from some likeminded people!
    I've been getting a little dizzy lately especially whilst driving/riding my motorcycle.
    I've been a sufferer of anxiety/panic attacks over the years but never experienced something quite so unnerving as of the last few weeks.
    I certainly recognize the signs/symptoms that I've had before but this giddyness and fear of fainting is not very pleasant as I'm riding along.
    I usually end up stopping when I can't bear the sensations any longer, take a brief spell and try again. I have experienced this to some degree a few years back but it came on suddenly while doing a 300mile round trip.

If I pay no attention to the sensations it gets easier and I eventually get through it, I've just finished reading the book "Panic Away" by Joe Barry which has been very helpful.
    This is really such a pain in the butt. I've been riding bikes for 40 years very competent rider but throw in this anxiety issue and I feel kind of disabled and embarrased with all this stopping and starting carry on!
    Would like to hear from others who have similar experiences...and any helpfull suggestions- Kev

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
    MichelleFL
    (female)

MichelleFL HB User
    Smile Re: Dizziness from Anxiety

Hello Kev I just posted a thread similar to yours about this very same subject... Well minus the motorcycle... I used to have the classic panic attack symptoms such as rapid heart beat, feeling like you cannot breathe. But I don't know.. Ever since my surgery in Dec of 2007 I am dizzy everyday. At first it started out as on and off. But now it's almost constant even when I lay down at night to go to sleep.

I see my DR on October 30th and because this is affecting my life in everything I do I will ask him to put me on medication for it... Hope yours does not progress as mine did.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
    Busker1
    Inactive
    (male)

Busker1 HB User
    Re: Dizziness from Anxiety

Hi Michelle, yep I just posted on your thread too! Well it's nice to meet someone with same problem although I wish we both didn't have it.
    All the best to you I don't want to go the medication route if possible but I can certainly understand why people do! I hope it gets better for you and If you want the book ...really is helpful let me know! - Kev

Old 10-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #4
    MichelleFL
    (female)

MichelleFL HB User

awww that is so kind of you Kev.. Thank you.. Like you said I wish we both did not have to go through this but, it's nice to know of another who does.. At least you can understand it better. I hate medications, I really do. Too many unwanted side affects. But I cannot even lay down to rest without the dizziness starting. So now it has taken over my whole life and I cannot control it. I do have alot of stressing things happening right now and think I just need help getting through them.

It's funny. I would take back my old panic attacks compared to this. At least those I had total control over... What do you think will help yours?

Michelle

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Read all of the "Sticky" posts at the top of this board as to why part of your post was removed. Ms_Mod

Old 10-23-2008, 11:46 PM   #5
    Busker1
    Inactive
    (male)

Busker1 HB User

Hi Michelle I've enclosed a portion of info from Joe Barry it's definitely helped me!
    I just wanna be rid of this damn dizziness! Seriously the only reason I don't want medication is the drousyness side of things...and they can horrible to try and get off, but then again this is pretty horrible. - Kev

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Do not copy and paste material from other sources. Ms _Mod

Old 10-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #6
    MichelleFL
    (female)

MichelleFL HB User

My attacks always began with the shakes and at first I would be terrified. The more I had them the more I learned how to control them. But this is something totally different. How can you tell this type of attack to come on full force when it already is? I cannot stop my head from spinning no matter how hard I try. And those breathing exercises that they tell you to do and to think of something else and really concentrate on your breathing??? Well they are fine when we are home but I don't know about you but when I am at work they do not allow me to go into my nice little quiet corner and breathe.. hehehe No they yell at me to work harder, and faster. So this is why I will try medication.. It's the easier way out..

Michelle

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Removed part of post that no longer applies. Ms_Mod

Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
    Busker1
    Inactive
    (male)

Busker1 HB User

Yep I know what you mean Michelle, it gets a bit difficult when I'm riding my Harley and I feel like I'm gonna Faint ... to ask for more is extremely difficult when I feel like I'm already taking up most of the road!!! Well all the best for me I guess I just gotta ride it out! LOL I really sympathize with what you're going through and can only hope it gets better,mine seems to have started due to long term stress issues with family. I guess we've got to try to live lives without to much stress and these things wouldn't happen.
    When you find the answer to that let me know...by the way I'm a Minister of religion as well...I should be immune to this sort of thing! LOL
    Hear from ya - Kev

Old 10-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #8
    MichelleFL
    (female)

MichelleFL HB User

Well you know what Kev? Now that we found each other we can be dizzy together and learn from each other mistakes. Your a minister?? Oh I better watch my mouth! hehe I know what you mean about family issues. I have 2 teenagers need I say more?? lol

Well it's 3:30am here in Florida and I am going to try and get some sleep now... So nice to meet you my new friend!

Goodnight!

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Do not post off board contact information of any kind for any reason. Ms_Mod

Old 10-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #9
    Natty44
    Inactive
    (female)

Natty44 HB User

Hi Michelle and Kev - I've been reading your posts - I too have that dizziness and it's miserable! There's nothing more miserable than having your head spin and feeling off balance and feeling like you're going to pass out - I hate that feeling! I had a bad anxiety attack one night this week - my head was spinning, heart racing and I had a cold sweat - I hated it! I took a xanax and laid back down and finally fell asleep. I take Lexapro and so far I haven't noticed much difference. Was on 5 ML for 6 weeks, then they upped me to 10 ML last week - I'm praying this will help! As we talked about in my other thread, I'm still having to take Xanax along with the Lex and that I don't understand.
    Kev - I'm sorry too for you and your dizziness - especially riding a motorcycle! That would be scary. I'm also a Christian and have prayed so hard and long about this affliction. I know that the Bible says God will never give us more than we can handle but sometimes I wonder. I know He is with me though every step of the way.

both of you take care and hang in there!

Diane (also a Floridian)

Last edited by msmod; 10-24-2008 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Removed part of post that no longer applies. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread