It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone switch from Lexapro to Celexa?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
    parker19341
    (female)

parker19341 HB User
    Anyone switch from Lexapro to Celexa?

I was wondering if anyone had switched from Lexapro (I currently take 10MG) to Celexa (20 MG)?
    I just had my 4-week follow up <WITH> my doctor, and she thought that switching me to Celexa (20MG) might help better, plus it will be cheaper <WITH> my insurance. Right now I am sort of scared to switch, my body has adjusted to Lexapro, and I'm afraid of the effects Celexa will have one me. Any suggestions?

She also put me on 0.5MG of Clonazepam to take at night to help me sleep. It has helped wonders...I have only been taking it for a week, but I have also noticed that it has helped <WITH> my morning anxiety...if that is all possible.
    Anyone have good luck <WITH> Clonazepam?

Any suggestions?

Last edited by msmod; 11-09-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Always use whole words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
    hamstachick
    (female)

hamstachick HB User
    Re: Anyone switch from Lexapro to Celexa?

I don't know the answer to this, but am wondering the exact same thing. I am pondering doing that for weight gain. How has it been so far parker? How has the klonopin worked for you? I am thinking about asking for some.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
    Mattster
    (male)

Mattster HB User
    Re: Anyone switch from Lexapro to Celexa?

I switched from Lexapro to Celexa. This was three years ago and I didn't notice any differences besides Celexa working better for me. I believe it did give me headaches for a bit, but they went away after I got used to the drug. As far as I know Celexa and Lexapro are SSRIs with the least side effects. My doc wanted to put me on Paxil, I said no after what I read and heard.

Closed Thread