It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• zoloft and increased anxiety.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
    ymoore86
    (female)

ymoore86 HB User
    zoloft and increased anxiety.

well the beginning of October i got horrible anxiety and they started me on 5Mg lexapro and ativan when needed.but i didnt really need it
    around the 3 week mark was doing good with my anxiety but i had horrible headaches and i thought that it was the lexapro and the doctor switched me to half of 25mg zoloft for a week then the whole 25mg starting the next week. well ive been on the whole 25mg since the 3rd of this month and everysince the 6th my anxiety has been horrible and im scared to leave my house again!
    do you think the increase has something to do with it?
    ive had to start taking the ativan now and it still doesnt seem to help(even though i take a very small amount because i have pill phobia)
    i just dont know why my anxiety has come back all the sudden....its horrible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User
    Re: zoloft and increased anxiety.

Hi there,

I take 100 mg of Zoloft for depression. I also take clonazapam for anxiety.
    It can be so hard to find the right meds for your condition. I experienced the same affects as you when taking cymbalta - terrible headaches when the dose was increased and had to go off of it. Prior to my depression, I took Paxil for a few years and have to say that worked quite well for my anxiety - just didn't help for depression. If you continue to feel this way, you may want to talk to your doctor about trying Paxil.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

JB

Old 11-13-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
    ymoore86
    (female)

ymoore86 HB User

thank you!
    i did take paxil CR when i was younger and i was on it for like 4 years and it did wondersss but i cant afford it anymore , zoloft also worked for me in the past but for some reason ive had my anxiety back all the sudden. do you think it was the increase?
    i also had alot of stress lately with a break up , do you think that could cause anxiety to come back even when you were getting better?

Old 11-14-2008, 01:18 AM   #4
    granny0
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

granny0 HB User

Even at my high dose of Zoloft with the clanazapm, I can have anxiety big time, always brought on by stress. I'd bet your break up is the root of your anxiety. I had a spell that lasted 2 months, mid August to mid October that was really bad. It started with one of my cats dying and extreme stress at work with people in my dept on vacation almost every week. I finally went back to my dr because my blood pressure was so high, even though I take BP meds, and I was having awful headaches. She added 25mg of Seraquel to take at night, I got over my cats death and things finally calmed down at work.

Unfortunately stress does pop up in life and I think, even with all the meds in the world, people like us are going to experience anxiety. Paxil has been around for quite a while now. Maybe there is a generic version of it by now. I'm taking a generic of zoloft. You might want to check it out since it worked well for you in the past.

Best wishes,

JB

Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
    cvoor
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cvoor HB User

I'm on 25 mg of Zoloft, have been for 2 wks now. At first, I had increased anxiety also, with tummy upset and headaches. It decreased the 2nd week, and now I'm fine, hardly no anxiety at all, very calm and relaxed. Don't want to increase it, to 50, as it can cause more anxiety, side effects, so I will stay at this dose, as long as I feel ok.

Last edited by cvoor; 11-14-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Closed Thread