It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• what to do???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
    sh 08
    (female)

sh 08 HB User
    what to do???

i have been on celexa for anxiety/ocd for 5 years and its worked really good for me...except now i feel like i am going to die again!and its not nice...i get into panic mode if i see or know someones vomiting and 10 days ago my poor daughter was so ill <BY THE WAY> hubby took care of it...then 3 days later another kid so i knew it was catchy and i have layed in my bed feeling nuts and panicky for 10 days now!!! i cant sleep i replay the vomiting over in my head and ive even gone so far as to not eat in case i get it i dont want to have alot in my system to throw up!! stupid i know but ive gotten a bit better last couple of days but not much...i ate once today and it was fast food and as we were coming home i didnt know if i could eat it as what if the person that made it was ill or the meat not cooked but i ate it anyways(i was like that about food years back,unless i prepared it myself i would hardly eat it)so anyways i did at least do that but as i thought about it beforehand i went into a panick attack! i was shaking and wanted to just be done with it...a few nights after my daughter was sick i had my first full blown attack i was shaking,had to be in a certain room,cold clothe and it looked so dramatic!! hubby comforted me till i fell asleep...anyways i see i am potentially falling into the patern i did years ago with my vomit phobia until i took celexa and then my attitude was i hate it dont want to see it but its life and never dwelled.now i am scrubbing my hands,running the dishwasher 2x ect ect just because i was in the midst of something that triggered off what i went through for years..i never realized how much better i was till this happened again and now i am crushed!!!my ocd is full blown again and i am having attacks and dwelling on things in my head to the point that i want to rip my hair out,i dont want to leave the house cook clean or anything other than lay in my bed....ive decided to up my dose of celexa as my dr told me i could do this before for something unrelated(sleeping probs)also something ive been getting is when i was up i have "scary"adrenaline going through my skin like i am about to get bad news or go on a scary ride and this is for no reason,,,,i feel SO SCARED every minute of the day i dont feel me anymore!!! i dont kknow if i should go to my dr and ask for some meds like ativan till the celexa kicks in or what i should do!!!!

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-02-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: As per the posting rules, ALWAYS use WHOLE words in your posts. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #2
    scuba2
    (male)

scuba2 HB User
    Re: what to do???

Do a search for SSRI poop-out. Basically the medication stops working. Talk to your doctor about other medications. Lexapro is similar, and it might be worth a try. If you are having constant anxiety, it might also be worth taking Klonopin or Valium (benzodiazepines) on a temporary basis.

You aren't the first to have this happen, and there are good alternatives. Good luck!

Old 01-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #3
    BenzoMaster
    (male)

BenzoMaster HB User

i would try klonopin for a period of time since klonopin has the longest half life than any benzo out, i take klonopin with lyrica for anxiety and it works great for me, SSRI's always made me kinda goofy so i switched to a tetracyclic anti- depressant remeron and i have so far have had no problems, good luck panic attacks are terrible and there is no reason to suffer.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
    sh 08
    (female)

sh 08 HB User

well i am thrilled to say i can live normal again lol for now that is the dr gave me rivotril till my upped dose of celexa kicks in and its working an absolute charm!!! now the xmas season is over its helping too...i know i will go through this again a few more times in my life and i dont think its the celexa that stopped working so much as being put into a situation that awoke my anxiety again.

Closed Thread