It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• I shake with anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM   #1
    ctbo
    (male)

ctbo HB User
    I shake with anxiety

for the last week I been getting such bad anxiety i like shake or tremble.I dont do it all day but it comes and goes during the day.Is this normal or am I just some kind of freak?i worry about everything all day to the point i cant even work anymore its getting really bad.what type of med would be good for anxiety?I USE TO TAKE PAXIL a year ago but i got hooked on the stuff and dont ever wanna take it again but it did control the anxiety I had.Do you guys think prozac would help me with my anxiety?I just wanna know what to tell the doc next week at my appot.thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 12:25 AM   #2
    karinasteenari
    (female)

karinasteenari HB User
    Re: I shake with anxiety

Hi there, I get the shakes too sometimes. I hate it when it happens when i am at work and I have to step outside and take a breather. I shake so much that I cannot even write, or type.

I take lots of vitamins. I found that St Johns Worts tablets helps a bit, as well as "Nerve-aids" tablets by Blackmores. I also take a B- complex vitamin tablet. this seems to help alot with stress and anxiety as lot of the B vitamins (B-12, B-1 etc - there are heaps) are linked to the nervous system. All of these can be found in your local supermarket.

Like you, I am scared of taking medications. Hope my post helps a bit

Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I have shakiness too with my anixety. I haven't gone on any meds yet. But I am going to call my Doctor tomorrow for some Xanax. This is just all getting to me. I think I am going to get a counselor. I just have too many stressors in my life. I don't want to go on a antidepressant though because those do cause shakiness in me. I can't handle the side effects. I am afraid of pills too. Hang in there. You aren't alone.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
    moneyhungry21
    Inactive
    (male)

moneyhungry21 HB User

You should try lexapro. It's not physically addicting and really does help me get my serotin levels back on track. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to take effect but it really does help me.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
    violet312s
    (female)

violet312s HB User

Along with Lexapro talk to your doctor about Buspar. Takes about a week to get settled but is non-addicting and has very flexible dosing as a result. Also dirt cheap. I knew I didn't want anything addicting so Buspar was the one for me.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
    cindylou2
    (female)

cindylou2 HB User

You are not a freak by no means! I shake so bad with anxiety! it is awful, I too was on buspar for several months, it was a very -safe- non addictive drug, I need to go back on it, it really does help.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
    ctbo
    (male)

ctbo HB User

Thanks I will ask about buspar and lexapro not sure what one would be better?thank's all for you're help glad to know I can take something thats non addictive so i gues theres no withdrawls then if i stop taking it then i know thats dumb but had to ask to make sure.

Last edited by ctbo; 01-16-2009 at 06:23 PM.

Closed Thread