It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• lightheaded... still

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
    rene1111
    (female)

rene1111 HB User
    lightheaded... still

so just wondering if anyone else here feels this weird lightheadedness a lot of the time!! it is not so much dizzyness as off balance and kind of woozy. you almost feel like you want to hit your head to knock everything back into place and give yourself a clear head again??

my other question is if you do feel this do you ever feel it when you do not think you are really feeling that anxious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
    violet312s
    (female)

violet312s HB User
    Re: lightheaded..still

I feel this all the time when borderline anxious. My therapist calls it "your head running away". This happens when you force you body to do things/situations when you predict you will get anxious or are getting anxious so your head starts to take a vacation. Horrible but has been getting much better for me with medication and therapy.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
    rross9000
    (male)

rross9000 HB User

This is very common for me as well. Even at tines that I honestly feel that my anxiety is under control at the time, I can have days when it will last all day and others where I'm good most of the day and it will begin in the evening. It really is linked directly to anxiety and not usually a symptom of anything else.

The best thing to do is to lay down (If possible) and relax for a few minutes, I find that closing my eyes and relaxing even if for 5 to 10 mins, can really help. The more you push yourself and make your body and mind work through the lightheadedness, he more it seems to resist and creates more anxiety on top.

Taking an Ativan or Xanax I find can actually make it worse. Instead relax or maybe your the type of person that responds better to sitting fresh air to take it away.

Best of Luck, take care

Old 01-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
    aqua774
    (male)

aqua774 HB User

I would say exercise more. It is chemically and physically proven that you can not be physically exhausted and anxious at the same time. I was having a visit at my therapist one time and she told me a story that she encountered back in the days when she was an intern. She was doing a rotation where she was working for a psychiatrist and she observed someone having a anxiety/panic attack in the office with the doctor. The doctor told this gentlemen to stand up and give him 50 jumping jacks followed by 10 pushups and wallah his panic attacks had stopped. Anxiety and exhaustion can not exist together, so exercise more. Run, do weights or whatever! 30 minutes a day not only helps with anxiety but with your overall health.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
    RosieMiami
    (female)

RosieMiami HB User
    Re: lightheaded... still

Hi everyone,

My sister has been lightheaded for a very long time. I started reading on causes etc, and found that their may be 2 things that may be causing it and wanted to share with you all.

#1 - It maybe be an Inner ear problem. Have a reputable Ear Nose and Throat doctor check your ears out.

#2 - It may be a TMJ disorder.

I found these two answers from doing alot on internet searches. My sister is going to have her ears checked next week.

So please consider this and I hope you all get better soon!

Closed Thread