It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Help! Anyone with success with citalopram?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
    SaltRiver84
    (male)

SaltRiver84 HB User
    Help! Anyone with success with citalopram?

I was just prescribed CITALOPRAM 10mg once a day for my anxiety. I am scared to take it due to the side effects and I think once I take it my partying days are over, but I really need it. This is my first time taking meds for anxiety.

Is there anyone out there who has had success with this drug and what should I expect?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
    BreathNoMore
    (female)

BreathNoMore HB User
    Re: Help! Anyone with success with citalopram?

Hello!!! I began taking Citalopram to treat severe depression about two months ago and I LOVE IT!! I had some difficulty at first getting adjusted to the medicine because of some unpleasant side effects, (nothing major, just annoying) but considering that your doctor started you off on a very low dose, you may not have that problem. It took about 6 weeks for me to really feel the effects of the medicine because unlike many SSRI's, Citalopram works very slowly and takes awhile to build up in your system. Just be patient and let the medicine run its course and you will be feeling better in no time. Good Luck!!

*~Krystal

Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM   #3
    Louloubell
    (female)

Louloubell HB User
    Smile Re: Help! Anyone with success with citalopram?

Hi

I was prescribed citalopram for two prolonged periods of anxiety and I had no problems with it at all. I found it really helped me get back on an even footing so I could then start to address the issues. It didn't solve my problems but allowed me to get a grip of my anxiety enough to start to control it rather than it controlling me!

I still went out and had a good time while taking it, my Dr said I could drink alcohol in moderation and I did on occasion have a couple of glasses of wine and felt like a normal yong person enjoying a night out with friends.

Good luck

Closed Thread