It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• vivid dreams from meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
    idreamofsilence
    (female)

idreamofsilence HB User
    vivid dreams from meds

I have heard a lot of people who have had vivid dreams on their medication. I have always had them, and normally my dreams prior to the meds were always nightmare like. I always had horrible dreams about people dying or just really bad situations that would wake me up crying in the middle of the night or morning because they were so saddening. After lexapro, my dreams became a bit brighter, but still odd. Last night I had the most odd one of all. I am also fighting a cold so this may be why, but anyone have any similar experiences? It was to the point where I did something I was ashamed of, my future family members were there and they were telling me I was disgusting, gross, etc. I got up and got so upset, started crying and went to the closet doors and started banging the back of my head really hard against them to the point where I woke up from the dream and it freaked me out. Anyone have similar dreams?

Last edited by ms_mod; 01-15-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: There is no board here to discuss dreams. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: vivid dreams from meds

I had some of the SCARIEST dreams in my life when i was taking lexapro. I would wake up sweating like crazy. I had this one dream where i got shot, and usually in a dream when you die, you wake up and go " it's just a dream" well instead of me waking up everything turned black in my dream, and the blackness lasted for like 5 minutes, then next thing i knew i was in a room with some scary looking dude sitting on a chair and next thing i knew the dream started over and i got shot again!! It was like i was in purgatory or something.

Now i don't dream anymore cause i can't stay asleep long enough lol. Can't wait for the effexor dreams to kick in though!

Old 01-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
    writeleft
    Inactive
    (female)

writeleft HB User
    Re: vivid dreams from meds

I am on quite a few medications, and I always attributed my vivid drams on Trazadone, but I also take lexapro.

My dreams are not nightmares, but they are absolutely fantastic, and no matter what else is happening, I am always flying in them. Often times, my grown children appear as babies who can talk, I am reunited with my grandmother and other family members who have long since passed, and they include encounters with huge (but friendly) animals.

Even though they are not nightmares, they are so intense that I often wake up feeling exhausted and confused. I don't skip a night either.

It's good to know there are others out there going through the super-dreams.

Closed Thread