It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• acupuncture & homeopathy for anxiety/panic disorder?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
    livinTX
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

livinTX HB User
    acupuncture & homeopathy for anxiety/panic disorder?

So lately a bit of stress and anxiety has been creeping up on me despite the Celexa I'm on (DH had back surgery, we had a minor fender bender, the starter in our 2nd car went out, things like that). Earlier this week, I tried acupuncture & homeopathy to help me relax (my PCP had recommended it to me ages ago, but I just blew it off as craziness), and OMG, that night, I slept so well. I went again yesterday and fell asleep during the treatment. Driving home, I felt so relaxed and happier than I'd been in a long time, like a weight had been lifted. I felt so normal for the first time in forever, I started crying. I don't know if it will continue to help, but I hope so. Two sessions of accupuncture have done more to relax me than Xanax, Klonopin, or any muscle relaxers. I hope it continues to help. It would be so nice to get off meds completely (they always seem to curb my creativity).

Well, I'm to the point now where anything is worth a shot (I swear at night I can sometimes feel muscles spasming and trying to relax when I try to fall asleep but they just can't, it drives me crazy. I know I'm not imagining it, but all the doctors tell me nothing is wrong with me). If this would help, I'd be so happy.

Just wondering if anyone else here has done acupuncture and what your experience was?

I thought acupuncture was a bit out there, but now I'm wondering if there's really something to it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread