It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Cipralex side effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
    mousa
    (female)

mousa HB User
    Cipralex side effects

My 22 year old daughter has just been prescribed Cipralex for anxiety. She doesn't want to take it because she is afraid of the side effects. anxiety dramatically. I don't know what to advise Please help.

Last edited by mousa; 01-25-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: privacy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
    Lourage
    Inactive
    (male)

Lourage HB User
    Re: Cipralex side effects

Alot of people like to give up on medications at any sign of a side effect. Most of which will go away once your body adjusts to the medication. YES, their are some people who can have dangerous side effects from these medication, like trouble breathing, raised blood pressure, heart problems, But a little stomach discomfort or increased anxiety/agitation will go away after a few weeks. You just have to stick it out.

I was afraid myself of taking this certain medication known as effexor, after reading horror story after horror story, people saying " i took my first dose and went crazy" well here i am a week later and perfectly fine Just goes to show what may be bad for others, can be a god send for another and the only way your daughter will know for sure is if she tries the medication. If you are worried something is going to happen to her while on it, just have her friends keep an eye on her to see if she is acting out of the ordinary, or doing stuff she normally wouldn't do.

Closed Thread