It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Lexapro making me crazy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
    ema78
    (female)

ema78 HB User
    Unhappy Lexapro making me crazy

I started lexapro 5mg a month ago and now on 10mg i do not feel like its helping me at all. I have some good moments but i have more really bad anxiety episodes. I feel like lexapro is making me crazy. Has anyone felt this way on it. I am also getting a terrible burning sensation on my body i know its stress and anxiety but its really bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
    new2sad
    (female)

new2sad HB User
    Re: Lexapro making me crazy

I was on it and it took a while to adjust. The dr. recommended that I cut the 10mg pill in half and take part in the morning and part at night........it truly helped. I was feeling loopy after i took the whole pill then i would crash in the middle of the afternoon and fall asleep. I never had a problem after i started cutting them half. hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
    violet312s
    (female)

violet312s HB User

It takes about 3 weeks on a constant dose for those feelings to level off. For me it was like I started over on the side effect front when I went from 5mg to 10mg.

Best wishes! If you don't start to feel something after 3 weeks on the same dose talk to your doctor. If you do, you'll feel miles better at 6 weeks.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
    ema78
    (female)

ema78 HB User

Well i decided to go off of lexapro and go on zoloft. I was on zoloft for 3 years after i gave birth to my son and went through postpartum depression. I think the lexapro was putting me back into a depression. Hope the zoloft kicks in soon.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
    Artimadora
    (female)

Artimadora HB User

Yes Yes Yes. Actually lexapro is also causing me to get horrible manic episodes, where all I do is pace the house for hours and feel the urge to scream. I started this hidious drug just 2 days ago and will be going off tomorrow!!! The burning sensation is adrenalin. It comes with all the anxiety attacks. I know we,ve all heard this a bunch but try and relax everything will be fine.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #6
    cvoor
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cvoor HB User

I was on Celexa, which is almost like Lexapro, and it also caused me horrible anxiety, would not leave the house, or talk to people, I avoided my neighbor when I saw her in the grocery store. I had the worst upset nervous stomach pain. I was only on a 1/4 of a 10 mg pill. If I got this sick of Celexa, I know Lexapro, would be the same, so I never went on Lexapro. I'm on Zoloft, and doing much better. I got off that stuff as fast as possible, and Lexapro and Celexa are suppose to have less side effects, but not for me.

Closed Thread