It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Weird and odd feelings

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
    wendy02
    (female)

wendy02 HB User
    Weird and odd feelings

I am a 28 year old female i have got hypertention and is overweight lost 11 kg so far. I get tingly sensations in my lower and upper left arm, does not get num. Sometimes i feel like a burning sensation in my chest some times on the right and other times on the left also with sharp pains. It also feels like my chest is a bit thight and last for the past 3 night i wake up after i dreamt and it feels like my heart is pounding fast i can feel it. My cholestoral and dietbetes is normal done a ecg when i was in hospital 5 months ago also had a arteries sonar of the neck no plague build up etc normal. Other times it feels like the top of my head feels like a burning sensation or cold wet like water on top of my head, then my forehead and cheak feels tight and tingly i do not feel the need to pass out that never happend yet it is just an annoying feeling. I have gone to the doctors and explained how i feel but they listen to my heart and every thing sounds good. I believe this could be panic atticks or anxiety please help.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-29-2009 at 06:55 AM. Reason: posted contact information - please read the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
    cathy1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User
    Re: Weird and odd feelings

Have you been checked out for this with another doctor? Lots of docs will use the anxiety as a catch all especially if they know you have it already. Get a second opinion. Before anything i'd do that. Anxiety can give you every symptom under the sun so you have rule out other health problems first. You may be hyperventilation syndrome esp at night which can throw your blood chemistry off which might be giving you all the odd sensations you're having. Does it happen mostly at night?

You should ask for a full blood work up if you havent had one already and perhaps an MRI.

Last edited by cathy1; 01-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
    wendy02
    (female)

wendy02 HB User

Hi there

I get this mostly at work during the day time in front of the computer and when the air con is blowing it makes the sensation worst. At home I am mostly fine just 3 nights after i dreamt and woke up I felt the feeling of my heart pounding very fast. I went to 3 differnt doctors. I must demand an mri en cat scan to rule out all other stuff thanks for your reply

Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
    Gia029
    (female)

Gia029 HB User

I had numb arms and racing heart for which my dr prescribed ativan, it worked wonders at the time but I no longer need it .

Old 01-30-2009, 02:21 AM   #5
    wendy02
    (female)

wendy02 HB User

Thank you so much i will ask about it anything that will help

Closed Thread