It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Delayed anxiety symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
    berriepie
    (female)

berriepie HB User
    Delayed anxiety symptoms

Hi there. im just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. its like, ill be worrying about something for example, lately ive been worrying about a freckle on my finger, thinking its cancerous. For the past 2/3 weeks ive just been quite anxious, feeling really scared and nervous. Ive calmed down now because i made an appointment with my doctor, so im no longer feeling nervous or scared. but i feel soooooo sick! its like, i dont get the nausea and dizziness until ive STOPPED worrying!

it happens everytime i worry for a prolonged period ie. worry for 3 weeks, stop worrying, BAM! nausea.

then i end up worring about why im feeling nauseous!

anyone know why this happens?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
    Hanshin
    (male)

Hanshin HB User
    Re: Delayed anxiety symptoms

The mind is a very powerful thing! I can speak for myself in a situation like this (which happens to me A LOT when my anxiety is at peak performance) if I am sick (real or otherwise), then I don't get as anxious BECAUSE my body is sick so it's like my mind telling me "See, I told you something's wrong, don't you see the symptoms?" But when you have strong anxiety attacks it tends to happen, you literally worry yourself sick and once the "sickness" hits then the anxiety subsides (at least, visibly) because your mind is focused on your being "sick". Simply put, if your situation is anything like the situations I put myself in, once you see the doctor and they say, "don't worry, you're fine" you're symptoms should subside. Just try to relax and not worry yourself too much more.

Closed Thread