It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Post Paxil Sleep Problems

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-05-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
    colby88
    (male)

colby88 HB User
    Post Paxil Sleep Problems

I withdrew from Paxil (an SSRI drug) 9 months ago and immediately could not sleep. I understand this is a known side effect of withdrawal but 9 months later I am still battling chronic insomnia. I know it is related to Paxil as I never had this problem before taking Paxil or during treatment with Paxil.
    I have been completely off Paxil now for the past 9 months and am desperate for relief of the insomnia. Most nights I have interrupted sleep and only average 3 to 5 hours of sleep or none at all.

I have researched as much as I can and have found conclusive evidence that SSRI's can disrupt sleep for 6 to 12+ months after stopping them. I believe Dr.'s and the drug companies don't recognize or acknowledge this.

I am desperate to find others who have had this same experience after stopping Paxil. Please respond as I need the support! I keep hoping this will pass.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread